26: Day 25 of 28

Bubble

Addison Forbes Montgomery is trapped for 28 days with only Meredith Grey in her house in Seattle. Will they stay enemies? Will they become friends? Will they become 'more than friends'?

Loosely Based on Current Events. MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey. Rated E for Explicit. Spoilers through GA-S16-E21, PP-S6-E13 (aka now). Fluff, Humor, Romance.

Chapter 26: Day 25 of 28

Meredith yawns and sighs when she wakes up alone in the on-call room. It's been over two weeks since she's started sleeping in bed with Addison every night, and she feels something missing now when she isn't lying next to the redhead.

In her head, Meredith contemplates this; it's nearly the end of the time where Addison has to stay with her in Seattle, and she feels a sense of sadness at the thought of Addison leaving.

Of course, she's happy she'll have her kids back around the house. And she's happy that Addison will be reunited with Henry. She's just a bit nostalgic already for the times that they have been spending together just the two of them.

Falling in love again has made her feel so young and free.

It's a feeling she hasn't had in a long time, and that she wasn't sure she'd ever have again. Both of them getting to experience this is a great blessing.

Smiling, Meredith gets up to make herself a cup of coffee and gets ready for the day. She sorts through the extra clothes in her office, and she selects an outfit that she thinks Addison will like on her.

It's just scrubs, but she also puts on some light makeup and crystal stud earrings to make things more fancy.

She's about to head in when she receives a very exciting email.

You are invited to the online second wedding of Arizona Robbins & Callie Torres.

Exciting!

Meredith reads the details, notes that it's tomorrow evening, and she hopes that Addison is invited too so that she and Addison can tune in together.

She sends them each a text of congratulations, and she teases them about the last-minute planning.

"Well, we've actually been planning this for a while now," Callie texts back.

"We subtly asked everyone if they had tomorrow tonight off, and they did, and everyone's home anyway so we thought we'd liven things up," says Arizona.

With that exciting piece of information, Meredith heads off to the nurse's station to find out where she starts working today.

She's hoping to see Addison there, but she's already headed off to her cases.

The next time she sees Addison, it's because she gets a page from her.

"Whoa, what happened!?" Meredith bursts out laughing.

"I performed the Heimlich maneuver, and now I'm all stuck," Addison groans.

"I'm surprised you got it out if the patient was choking on this much gum," Meredith says affectionately.

"And now it's sticking all of my hair together!" Addison whimpers.

"Let's see what we can do," Meredith smiles.

"Did you get a message about Arizona and Callie's new wedding by the way?" Addison asks her.

"Yeah, I did," Meredith smiles.