21: Day 20 of 28

Author's Note:

The latest #meddison stories have been fantastic folks! Thanks for all of your work! And cheers to the commenters, you are the true heroes :).

Yes, we are back with more of 'Bubble', it always comes through eventually.

Welcome to day 20 of 28~

bobbiejelly

Bubble

Addison Forbes Montgomery is trapped for 28 days with only Meredith Grey in her house in Seattle. Will they stay enemies? Will they become friends? Will they become 'more than friends'?

Loosely Based on Current Events. MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey. Rated E for Explicit. Spoilers through GA-S16-E21, PP-S6-E13 (aka now). Fluff, Humor, Romance.

Chapter 21: Day 20 of 28

Luckily for Meredith and Addison, all of the popcorn crumbs clean up easily with the vacuum cleaner, and the two girlfriends get to spend the morning together kissing, and touching, and cuddling each other.

"This is such a wonderful new normal," says Meredith, as she tucks herself into Addison's shoulder.

"Yeah," Addison nuzzles the top of Meredith's head with her chin.

"You know, it's really cool how we get along, and how we always help each other out with the chores," says Meredith.

"Absolutely," says Addison. "Plus, there's perks of working with you..." Addison husks into Meredith's ear.

"Mmm," says Meredith. "Always here for the perks... And you are insatiable," she adds, as she nuzzles into her redheaded girlfriend's ear.

With the cleaning done, Addison heads out to check the mail, and she realizes there's a package outside of her doorstep.

"It's for you," says Addison to Meredith, predictably because it's Meredith's house.

"Thanks," says Meredith. Could you bring it into the kitchen?

"Sure," Addison offers, before realizing there's several packages.

The first one is a basket of home-made muffins wrapped in a lamely tied bow.

"Well that seems strange," says Addison. "The muffins look so fancy, but the wrapping is a bit..." Addison gestures because she doesn't want to say 'sub-par,' or something insulting.

"Oh, I think you might know who that's from!" Offers Meredith, undoing the half-knot in the red ribbon. "The tag says 'from Alex and Iz. Iz baked the muffins and said I had to help. I dunno how to tie a bow. Sorry. Evil Spawn. Kansas."

"Wow, that's so sweet of them to mail muffins," says Meredith.

"WAIT ARE THOSE IZZIE'S BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!?" Says Addison.

"Looks so, why?" Says Meredith, intrigued at how excited Addison suddenly is.

"THOSE ARE MY FAVORITE!" She adds. "Even if they bring back terrible memories of me getting blackout drunk," Addison chuckles. "I once ate an entire basket at Joe's..."

"Wait was that the day you took off work to get drunk?" Meredith remembers.

"Yeah," says Addison sheepishly.

"Sorry about that," Meredith winces.

"It's okay, I mean, I now understand how tempting you are so..." Addison smirks.