3: DAY 2 OF 28

Author's Note:

SPOILER ALERT: THIS FANFICTION WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS UP TO GA-S16-E21, AND PP-S6-E13,

AND ALSO POTENTIALLY S19-S3-E16, AKA NOW!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

bobbiejelly

Bubble

Addison Forbes Montgomery is trapped for 28 days with only Meredith Grey in her house in Seattle. Will they stay enemies? Will they become friends? Will they become 'more than friends'?

Loosely Based on Current Events. MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey. Rated E for Explicit. Spoilers through GA-S16-E21, PP-S6-E13 (aka now). Fluff, Humor, Romance.

Chapter 3: DAY 2 OF 28

Meredith Grey wakes up to the sizzling of bacon.

She opens her eyes slowly and thinks she's dreaming for a moment because the last time she's tasted bacon was before Derek died and maybe she's still having a 'Derek Shepherd is not dead,' dream?

"Derek?" Meredith calls out from her bedroom.

"Derek?" Meredith calls out louder to see if she's actually awake or not.

"Derek!? Meredith finally yells out as loud as she can.

"Meredith?" Addison materializes at Meredith's door frame.

"Addison?" Meredith exclaims as she opens her eyes fully.

"Did you think I was Derek?" Addison asks in alarm.

"I think I'm still dreaming," Meredith sighs as she pinches herself. "OW!" Meredith exclaims.

"You're actually awake now," Addison deadpans, and winces as Meredith pinches herself for the second time.

"Why do I smell bacon, if Derek is still dead then?" Meredith asks groggily.

"I'm making bacon?" Addison shrugs her shoulders a bit.

"You make bacon?" Meredith asks rather dumbly.

"Yeah, don't you? You have it in the fridge?" Addison asks Meredith.

"Oh, I don't cook. I think that might have been Amelia's bacon," Meredith grunts again.

"Will she mind?" Addison asks Meredith a bit sheepishly.

"Well, she's not allowed to visit for a month and we can't visit her, either, so I don't think she can mind even though she could mind," Meredith answers finally waking up fully.

"Why do I feel like we're no longer talking about bacon?" Addison narrows her eyebrows at Meredith.

"Can I have bacon?" Meredith deflects and changes the subject.

"Sure," Addison nods at Meredith, happy to please seeing as she is trying to be a good houseguest.

"Thanks," Meredith says, "I miss bacon," Meredith sighs.

"Do you not normally eat bacon?" Addison asks her.

"I can't cook," Meredith says sheepishly.

"At all?" Addison says rather suspiciously.

"I only make sandwiches," Meredith explains.

"Do you only eat sandwiches?" Addison asks her. She doesn't add 'after Derek died, did you just never learn to cook?' Because it's implied...

"Well, I eat cereal," Meredith explains, and then adds, "usually Amelia and Maggie or whoever lives here at the time cooks for me, and I go shopping and help do the dishes and when they're gone I just get takeout," Meredith finally explains.