1: DAY 0 OF 28 - PROLOGUE

Author's Note:

This one might hit close to home.

If it's too much for you right now, I understand.

This will, however, be a light romantic comedy deal.

The focus will be on Addison and Meredith, probably sex...

Let me know if you like this small introduction for now. Multichapter?

See you in the comments, folks :D

bobbiejelly

Bubble

Addison Forbes Montgomery is trapped for 28 days with only Meredith Grey in her house in Seattle. Will they stay enemies? Will they become friends? Will they become 'more than friends'?

Loosely Based on Current Events. MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Addison Montgomery/Meredith Grey. Rated E for Explicit. Spoilers through GA-S16-E21, PP-S6-E13 (aka now). Fluff, Humor, Romance.

Chapter 1: PROLOGUE

The year is 2020, and Addison Montgomery and Meredith Grey are just starting to move on with their lives after Mark Sloan, Lexie Grey & Derek Christopher Shepherd's Deaths.

Already, Mark and Lexie were bad enough, but Derek had been Meredith's great love, and her husband for many years now, and he was the father of all of her children. She missed him, sometimes, still. But she was starting to be ready to move on...

Meredith Grey lives in Seattle with her beautiful children Zola Grey-Shepherd, Derek Bailey Shepherd & Ellis Shepherd. Meredith Grey so far has been searching for another partner She's dated a few people, but none that interest her in particular. She's not in a relationship, currently.

Addison Montgomery, by contrast, lives in LA, California, with her son Henry Montgomery who she adopted along with her ex-husband, Jake Riley, who she divorced a few years back, now.

(Jake had cheated on her, and she was not the forgiving type, she knew from her experience from her past marriage there was no going back after infidelity in a marriage, for her, anyway). Addison is tired of the dating game. She's older now, but she's still open to finding someone...

Addison being Derek's ex-husband, she hasn't really stayed in touch with Meredith very much over the years. They've exchanged a few phone calls, usually when something great or when something awful happens.

They'd talked briefly over the phone when there had been a hospital shooting, and when there had been a plane crash, and long after Derek died, and when Meredith won the Harper Avery, later renamed the Catherine Fox Award.

But Meredith had not called Addison in a while, and she deemed this generally a good thing, seeing as the past few phone calls had been about tragedy (other than the award thing, which was a mixed bag, given the accomplishment as well as the recent scandal).

The last time they'd interacted by proxy was when Alex Karev had called Addison and asked her to write a letter of recommendation for the medical board to encourage them to restore Meredith's medical license.

Addison had done this willingly and wholeheartedly, but she hadn't had the chance to properly congratulate Meredith on her success yet. Things had been hectic recently because Addison's ex-husband had decided to move to Boulder, Colorado, and had asked to share custody of Henry.

They had settled an arrangement in which Jake got Henry for two months at a time while Addison had him for four months after that time because Henry was mostly hers. It worked for them, though, and Addison would never want to deprive Henry of his adopted father.

Meredith, by contrast, has full custody of all her three children. She still has lots of help from her sisters though, her biological half-sister, Maggie Pierce, and her sister-in-law, Amelia Shepherd. She really misses her person and twisted sister Cristina Yang, and they talk on the phone a lot.

Both Addison and Meredith have extremely successful surgical careers. They love their lives, they love their children, and they're doing well for the most part. They haven't seen each other in years, but they are about to reconnect for a medical case at Seattle Grace Hospital

It's the beginning of Addison's two months apart from her son Henry Montgomery, and she packs him in the car along with her ex-husband, Jake Riley. She says "stay safe" to him, and Jake promises her they can video chat every night to share pictures and stories.

Meredith Grey, by contrast, is not expecting to be separated from her children for more than a few days when Addison Montgomery from LA to work with her. Addison is here for a weeklong surgical consultation and since she doesn't have anywhere else Meredith offered up her house for her to stay for the week.

Zola, Bailey, and Ellis are all spending time at their grandparent's house, with Carolyn Shepherd and also occasional visits from some of Derek's older sisters, Nancy Shepherd, Kathleen Shepherd, and Lizzie Shepherd, who sometimes stop by their mom's place in New York.

Everything changes though when the surgery is postponed due to a global pandemic. There is an order for everyone to be tested for infectious, and then to shelter-in-place for at least 28 days. They're not allowed to cross state lines, and hotels are currently highly not-recommended, so Meredith offered for Addison to stay with her longer.

Since the airports are shut and the highways are closed anyway... Addison and Meredith are stuck with each other, without their kids, for nearly a month, and without any physical contact from anyone else. Just Addison Montgomery and Meredith Grey, in one old house in Seattle.

****** END OF CHAPTER 1

Author's Note:

This is a sort of meta-fanfiction.

Not meant to make fun of or make light of the current global situation.

But just in that, I will say, myself that a lot of my writing has been possible due to this free time!

For example, Falling Apart, Barely Breathing normally never would have been possible for me normally. That was 30 Chapters in 30 Days, and now there are a grand total of 45 with more on the way.

Not to mention other multichapter MerAdd works such as Soothe and Second Person (The Diary of Addison Montgomery) that I have been working on alongside many smaller things.

So, therefore, here is the beginning concept of the story, "Bubble", a MerAdd romantic comedy twist to the end of the world as we know it.

Let me know what you liked so far!

Let me know if you want more of this, and I'll see what I can do, if I get to it.

Also, apologies to fictional Jake Riley, I don't think you're actually a cheating asshole necessarily, just needed to break you up from Addison as a plot device and it seemed like a solution. LOL!

See you soon in the comments,

bobbiejelly

bobbiejelly