Mikey Way x Reader - Art

R E Q U E S T E D

I kinda like how this one turned out :)

Y/N's P.O.V.

High school is a weird place full of strange people. I didn't have many friends, but the ones I did have were genuine and as silly as it sounded, I knew they were the kind of friends that would stick around for life.
One of my friends, Darla, was a huge book nerd, who could spend hours in the library, lost in a good book. She was calm and sweet and an amazing person to vent to. My other friend, Jane, was incredibly smart. She was top of her class in everything and she was always willing to help with homework or anything really.

"How's our favourite art geek doing?" A cheery voice asked as a arm wrapped around my shoulders. I looked at Jane with a small smile, before Darla crept up on my other side, linking our arms together.

"I'm good. History was a drag. I'm on my way up to art now." I replied and Jane sighed dramatically.

"It's lunchtime, Y/N! Would it kill you to spend lunch with us for once?" She asked, but I knew she was joking, from the grin on her face.

"Hey, you're welcome to join me." I nudged her slightly and she scrunched up her nose.

"And watch you and Mr. Way flirt whilst I'm trying to eat? No thanks, I'll think I'll pass." I rolled my eyes, making Darla sigh.
Mikey Way was my third friend. He was also my art teacher. I got on pretty well with all my teachers, but Mikey and I were friends in and out of school. Not to mention, he was an amazing bass player. He was a couple of years older than me, but that didn't affect our friendship at all.

"Leave her be, J. You know they're just friends. Besides, I think it's cool that you're friends with your art teacher." Darla looked at me. 
"Although you never told me how you became friends exactly?"

"Yes she did." Jane pulled a face.
"Don't you remember? Her neighbour that's she's friends with, Fred, he's friends with Mr. Way and they met when Fred was having a party."

"Frank." I corrected.
"And it wasn't a party. They're in a band together, they were practicing and I went out to see what was going on. They're pretty good."

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Jane mumbled.

"Alright, I'll see you two in math, after lunch." I slipped away from my friends as I reached the art classroom, knocking on the door lightly.
"Hey." I smiled at my friend, who was sat behind his desk as usual.

"Hi, Y/N. Come on in." Mikey smiled at me. I moved towards my desk, setting my bag down and taking out my sketchbook and my lunch.
"How's your day been so far?"

"Exhausting. I've already got enough homework to drown in." He laughed a little at that.

"Well, I was gonna ask if you had time to drop by Frank's later? We've going to practice a few songs and get pizza, but if you're busy..."

"The homework is nothing that can't be done tomorrow." I smiled innocently, he shook his head at me.
"How's your day been?" We began to chat as I ate my lunch and doodled in my sketch book, like I did every time I had lunch with Mikey.
The bell rang, indicating that lunch was over and I began to put away my things, before checking my phone.

"I know that look. Something's wrong." Mikey looked at me with a frown and I put my phone away.

"My mom's working late tonight. Again. So she can't pick me up." I shook my head.
"It's fine, I'll just have to get a lift off of Darla or Jane."

"I can give you a ride? I mean, we're going the same way, right?" Mikey suggested.
"I don't have a class last period, so I'll be ready to go when you are. Unless, you don't want to?"

"Are you sure?" I asked, feeling a little awkward.

"Of course, I have to drop by my apartment to get my bass, but then I'm heading straight to Frank's. I'd actually enjoy the company." He gave me a small smile and I nodded.

"Yeah, okay." I nodded with a small smile.
"I'll see you here at the end of last period?"

"Sounds like a plan."