Ray Toro x Reader - Tour

Y/N's P.O.V.

Being on tour with the guys from My Chemical Romance was so strange. Less than two years ago I was just a nobody singing in bars and clubs, but now I'm touring with my idols. All because they wondered into my local bar when I was on shift and liked what they heard. I never would have got this far without them.

"Y/N, you okay? You look pretty zoned out." Mikey said, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, sorry. I was lost in thought, what's up?" I asked and he dropped his hand back to his side.

"We're gonna go out and get a few drinks. You wanna come?" He asked and I looked at Ray, Frank and Gerard all stood a little further away.

"No, you go ahead. I'm kinda exhausted from the show and I just want to get some sleep." I smiled a little and he nodded.

"You've got keys to the bus, right?" Mikey asked and I almost laughed at his brotherly nature. Patting my pocket, the keys jingled and I nodded.
"Good. It's dark, so be careful. You want one of us to walk back with you? The bus isn't parked too far away, but-"

"Mikey, I'm fine." I interrupted.
"Go and have some fun with the guys. Just don't wake me up when you come in."

"Deal." I gave him a small hug, before he walked over to the guys and I turned to find my way back to the bus. Mikey was right, it was about a 10 minute walk to the bus, because there was nowhere closer that we could park it, which was a pain in the ass, but not a huge problem.
I continued my walk, wrapping my arms around me when a chill from the wind caught me.

"Shit." I whispered to myself, regretting not bringing a warmer jacket. Unexpectedly, I was pushed forward into a wall and I let out a grunt of pain as my body connected with the brickwork.
"What the fuck is your problem?" I hissed, turning to see a man about my height, a pocket knife in his hand.

"You're that girl from the posters. The real pretty one." He spat.

"Thanks, I'm flattered, but get the Hell away from me." I said bluntly, keeping my eyes on the knife.

"Not happening, sweetheart. You're gonna give me your phone and everything of real value, then you're gonna take off your clothes." He ordered and raised the knife up to my chin, forcing me to look up at the sick smirk on his face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement, but ignored it, before moving fast, grabbing the outside of his wrist and moving it away from my face, before kicking him between the legs. Hard.

"No thanks." I replied flatly, watching as he dropped the knife, falling to his knees.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Ray asked and I looked at him in confusion.
"Shit, you're bleeding."

"I'm fine. When did you appear?" I asked, before lifting my hand to my chin. My fingertips touched a warm, wet substance on the side of my jaw and I winced.

"Uh, less than a second before you did whatever that was. Let's get out of here." He took my hand and pulled me away. We walked back to the bus, hand in hand, neither of us saying a word until we were inside.

"I thought you were going for drinks with the others?" I questioned and he disappeared into the bathroom, appearing again seconds later with a small first aid kit.

"I felt really bad that you had to walk back alone. I just told them I was too tired and I was gonna come back, but I saw you and I don't know. You had it under control, I guess." We sat down at the table and he opened the box with a sigh.
"Where did you learn to do that?"

"Well, Mr. Toro, when you work in bars and clubs for most of your adult life, you tend to pick up a thing or two. Especially when you deal with drunken assholes on a daily basis." He cleaned the cut and I winced, causing him to apologise quietly.
"Thanks."

"I really didn't do anything." He said, giving me a small smile as he put a bandaid on my wound.

"Yeah, well, no matter how many times anything like that happens, it's still terrifying and traumatic, but you dragged me away, so yeah." I shrugged.
"Not to mention you decided to ditch the others for little old me."

"I like hanging out with you." He said softly. I nudged him and he blushed a little.

"I like hanging out with you too." I smiled, before helping him clean up the first aid kit.
"I'm gonna go and get changed." He nodded and I went through to the bunks, grabbing my bag and pulling some pyjamas on, before going back out, finding Ray sat on the couch.
"So, what's going on in your life, Mr. Toro? I don't really get to talk to you when the others are around, because... well they're not exactly quiet."

"Yeah." He agreed and I smiled as I sat next to him.
"I don't know, nothing much. Tour's the only thing on my mind at the moment. You're really good at this, by the way, considering it's your first one."

"Thanks, I'm mostly copying you guys and hoping for the best." We both laughed a little.
"What about relationships? Gerard, Frank and Mikey are always talking about how they miss their wives, but what about you? No lucky girl or guy?"

"Uh, not exactly." He said awkwardly.
In all honesty, Ray was my favourite member of MCR and I had liked him as more than a friend since a little after we met, but not wanting to come off as another over-the-top fan, I kept that information to myself.
"It's hard to keep a good relationship with someone when you go on tour, or when you have shows to preform at all over the world."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I yawned.
"I mean, you've got to be interested in someone, though, right?"

"I don't know, maybe. She's caught my eye, but I'm not sure." He shrugged. I'll admit my heart cracked a little, but I ignored it.
"You should get some sleep."

"No point in me trying." I said tiredly.

"Why not?" He asked, a concerned look in his eyes.

"Ray, less than 30 minutes ago, a guy held a knife dangerously close to my throat, tried to mug me and implied he was going to rape me. I'm just gonna grab some coffee and mindlessly watch TV until I can calm down a little." I said dryly, covering my mouth as I yawned again.

"I wouldn't have let that happen, Y/N." Ray said firmly.
"Nothing like that is ever gonna happen again as long as I'm there to prevent it. You can't torture yourself because of something some bastard did to you."

"What else am I supposed to do, Ray?" I asked in annoyance.
"I'm barely holding myself together now. I don't feel like waking up in the middle of the night, a crying mess, because of a nightmare."

"Y/N," He pulled me into a hug and I hid my face in his chest.
"You really need to sleep, even if it is just for a few hours." He said softly.
"Come on, get in my bunk with me and then if you do have a nightmare, I'm there to comfort you."

"You don't have to." I said quietly and he broke the hug.

"I know, but I want to." He gave me a small smile. I nodded my head shyly, knowing I was going to be sleeping next to my long time crush was terrifyingly nerve wrecking, but I didn't exactly want to turn him down.
"Come on." He took my hand and pulled me up, leading me back towards the bunks. I got into his and he took his shirt off and then his jeans, before getting into the bunk next to me.
"Is this okay?"

"Yeah." I squeaked and he smiled a little, turning so we were facing each other.

"Honestly, I feel safer with you here. If anyone tries to kill us in our sleep, you can kill them first with your crazy ninja skills." He grinned like a dork and I hit his arm.
"And I'm not gonna worry as much, knowing you're right beside me."

"Thanks, Ray, really." I whispered and he moved his hand under my chin, his thumb touching the bandaid carefully. He leaned forward and my breath hitched as he pressed a gentle kiss to my head.

"Anytime, Y/N. Get some sleep."