Gerard Way x Reader - Just Pretend

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, I need a huge fucking favour." I looked up from my phone, seeing my friend Gerard, looking at me nervously.

"If it's burying a body, I've got you covered? If you want me to get you coffee, then you don't have a chance." I smiled and he sighed.

"Nope. Neither of those things." I leaned back in my chair.
"I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend for my family dinner tonight."

"You what?" I asked, looking at him in disbelief.

"Look, my brother is bringing his girlfriend and I don't want to look like a total loser. It will be fun, I promise. You don't need to dress up or anything, just say yes?" He asked hopefully and I sighed.
I had been crushing on Gerard Way for the past few months and now he wanted me to pretend to be his girlfriend? I probably wasn't his first choice, but this was a terrible idea.
"Please, Y/N? I asked Lyndsey, but she just threatened to punch me."

"Uh, sorry, no. I'm actually going home now." I said, hating it when I was right.
"I'm not feeling great, definitely not good enough to pretend to be your girlfriend." I lied, standing up and grabbing my bag.
He opened his mouth to say something, but I walked right passed him. I knew I wouldn't be his first choice, but it still hurt.

"Y/N, Wait up!" Gerard caught up to me.
"Did I upset you?"

"No, Gee. I'm just tired and not feeling great." I sighed.

"You were fine 10 minutes ago." He sassed.
"Just tell me what I did. I promise I won't be offended or judge you or anything like that." He said, putting his hand on my arm.

"It really doesn't matter." I said quietly.

"Then come with me tonight, it will only be for a few hours and if you don't like it, we can leave." He said.
"Y/N, I really want you to come with me, please?"

"Fine." I muttered, knowing he wouldn't give up.
"What time are you gonna pick me up?"

~

"Wow... you look really nice." Gerard complimented and I felt my face burn.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." We walked over to his car and I tried not to get too flustered when he held the door open with a smirk.

"M'lady." We got into the car and Gerard seemed almost nervous.
"Okay, If anyone asks, let's say we've been dating for about a month, yeah." He started the car, before playing some music. 1978 by The Smashing Pumpkins started playing and without thinking I drummed the beat on my leg and hummed along.

"You like the Smashing Pumpkins?" Gerard asked in shock.

"Yeah, they're one of my favourite bands." I admitted and his jaw dropped.

"Oh shit. I think I might have to really date you." Gerard said and my face burned hotter than I thought was possible.
"Sorry, uhh, let me know if you get too uncomfortable or anything. I'll come up with an excuse for me to take you home or something."
He stopped outside of a lovely looking house, before taking a breath.
"Sorry if Mikey acts like a dick. He's probably gonna show off because of his girlfriend."

"Okay..." I muttered, not knowing what else to say. We got out of the car and Gerard took my hand as we walked up to the door. Internally, I was freaking out. Externally, I was struggling to keep my cool.
He knocked, squeezing my hand slightly, before a woman opened the door with a warm smile.

"Hey, mom." Gerard smiled, letting go of my hand and hugging the woman.
"This is my girlfriend, Y/N."

"It's nice to meet you, dear." His mother smiled, hugging me.