Patrick Stump x Reader - Escape Plan

Y/N's P.O.V.

It had been a long ass day and I decided on stopping by the bar on my way home. I wouldn't say I dropped by regularly, but once or twice a week wasn't that bad.

"Your usual?" Pete asked from behind the bar. I hummed, looking around and noticing it was busier than usual.

"I know it's Friday, but why are you so busy?" I asked, passing him the money. He smiled proudly and then I heard it.
"Who is singing? This is amazing."

"My buddy Patrick. He's great, right?" Pete replied and I nodded, sipping my drink. The crowd cleared a little and I saw the fedora-wearing man on stage. He was cute, really cute, and really talented. Up until that point, I had thought there was someone else up there, but no, it was just Patrick, a guitar and a piano to the side. 
I sat and watched as he played a few songs, stopping to take a drink every few minutes.

"Um, thank you all for listening." He said into the mic as he finished his last song. It amazed me how when he was singing he seemed so confident and proud, but he changed to awkward and cute as soon as he had to address the crowd.
I hadn't even noticed how late it had gotten and I was still only on my second drink.

"He's great, isn't he, Y/N?" An arm wrapped around my waist and I looked up at my ex boyfriend in shock.

"Tony, what- What are you doing here?" I asked nervously, too scared to move away from him. When we were together he treated me like shit, he'd come home and hit me, call me names, wrecking my trust and self esteem.

"Well I came in for a drink and saw you sat here all alone, thought I'd join you, babe." He squeezed my waist tightly and I winced as his fingers dig into me.
"I've missed you." He whispered in my ear and I shivered.

"Everything okay, Y/N?" Pete asked carefully, looking at us.

"Yeah, she's good. I'll have another beer and whatever Y/N is drinking." Tony said, looking at Pete with a small smirk.

"I asked Y/N." Pete glared at him slightly and I felt my heart racing.

"Pete, this is my ex boyfriend, Tony. Just the drinks please." I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear me. He let out a sigh, before nodding and making the drinks.
Pete knew about Tony, I vaguely remember telling him one drunken night after we had broken up. Honestly, I was worried what Pete would do, I didn't think he'd just leave it.

"There you go." Pete put the drinks down and took the money from Tony.
"Y/N, mind if I have a quick word with you in the back? It's about Hemingway."

"Uh, Yeah." I slipped off of the stool and followed him into the back.
"Isn't Hemingway your dog you showed me a picture of?" I asked awkwardly.

"Yeah, but what I wanted to talk to you about. Is that the same guy who used to beat the shit out of you?" He asked quietly and I looked down at the floor.
"You want me to do something about him?"

"No, no, you don't have to." I sighed and he pulled his phone out, texting someone.

"Too late. Go and sit back down, Patrick is gonna walk you home, just go along with it." I looked up at him in shock.
"You're not the first girl running into a shitty ex or guy in general I've had to help out, don't sweat it." He patted my shoulder.
"Seriously, go out there and my friends will sort it."

"Thank you." I breathed.

"Anytime, Y/N." I nodded and went back through, sitting back down, causing Tony to grin.

"Thought you had left me, babe." He laughed.
"What's a Hemingway or whatever that loser said?"

"Pete's dog. I looked after him for a while when Pete went away." I lied smoothly.

"Drink up, baby, then we can go back to my place." He pushed my drink towards me and put his hand on my thigh.

"Can you get your hands off of my girlfriend?" A voice asked in annoyance and we both looked at the three men now stood behind me. I glanced at Pete, who smirked as he cleaned a class, looking over.

"Excuse me?" Tony asked.

"You heard him." The tallest of the three stated. He had curly brown hair and his arms were covered in tattoos. The man next to him appeared to have many more tattoos and even though he wasn't the tallest guy, he clearly worked out a lot. Then there was Patrick, who looked like an Angel next to the other two.

"Y/N, who are they and what are these idiots talking about?" Tony asked, digging his fingers into my thigh. I winced and Patrick glared at him.

"She's my girlfriend and you're hurting her." He spat.
"Right, Y/N?"

"Y-Yeah." I whispered and Tony let go of my leg, only to try and punch the ripped guy. The brunet grabbed his hand, twisted it and pushed him against the bar.

"You're under arrest for harassment and attempting to assault an officer." He said firmly and the other guy smiled innocently.

"Hope you have a good night, Patrick will walk you home." How the Hell does a guy who looks that hardcore sound so innocent.

"Come on." Patrick said seriously and I gave Pete a thankful smile, before following him out of the bar.
"Are you okay? He didn't hurt you too bad did he?"

"I'm okay. Just a little shaken up, I haven't seen him in months." I admitted. It was pretty dark out and cold too.
"Thanks for getting me out of there."

"I didn't do anything. Joe and Andy did all the work. Pete's just lucky half of our friend group works for the police. He uses that to his advantage way too much." Patrick laughed and it was a beautiful sound.

"You're walking me home though. So thanks for that." I nudged him and he shook his head.

"Anytime." He smiled softly.

"You were amazing up there tonight. I wasn't even supposed to stay that long, but you distracted me." I said, feeling my cheeks heat up at my unintentional flirting. I glanced at him, the dark almost hiding the blush on his cheeks.

"Thanks. We're thinking of starting a band; Pete, Joe, Andy and I." He said quietly.
"We're still figuring it out."

"Do it." I said.
"I'm sure it will be awesome."

"You think? I don't know." He shrugged.
"I'm not even that good of a singer."

"Stop being so modest!" I laughed.
"You're great."

"Thanks, Y/N." Patrick replied and we continued to walk in a comfortable silence. I didn't live too far away, but we weren't exactly walking that fast.
I shivered, regretting not taking my jacket and Patrick looked at me.
"Holy smokes, you must be freezing!"

"I'm okay." I lied, crossing my arms.

"You can have my jacket? I don't mind." He suggested and I shook my head.
"Fine then." He wrapped his arm around me and I immediately felt the warmth from his body.
Neither of us said anything as we continued the walk, before arriving at my apartment.

"Thanks, Patrick. Seriously, I owe you one. And Pete, and the others." I said awkwardly.

"No you don't." He smiled, looking down.
"I don't usually do this, but could I get your number? It's okay to say no. I just think you're really cool."

"Yeah- Yes." I took his phone and quickly typed my number, double checking it, before handing him his phone back and smiling awkwardly.
"You should text me and we could go for a drink."

"That sounds great." I reached up and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, really. Tell the others I said so, too." I said shyly and Patrick blushed a bright red.
"Night, Patrick."

"Goodnight." He whispered as I let myself into my apartment.
The past 24 hours had been eventful and the only thing on my mind, other than the adorable fedora-wearing singer, who just walked me home, was dropping onto my bed and falling asleep.