Author's Note

Hello readers,

The main genre of this book is Romance—a Culinary Romance.

However, please be warned that it contains mentions and incidents of bullying and body shaming. Another thing to be noted is that, since this book is a Culinary Romance, it will have the names and implicit recipes of some really mouthwatering, delectable and flavorsome dishes—sweet and savory.

***

Now, about how this book came into being.

I've always wanted to write a Culinary Romance—Kitchen Romance, as some might call it—for a very long time. Mainly because it merges two of my favorites: Food and Romance (comes with being a romantic).

Further, as for the references of verbal abuse; it's a reality, a truth, not a myth. People do suffer from it. And, even though it's extensively performed and seen, it's still wrong. We—the viewers and/or the victims—need to stand against this act of abuse, because that's the only way to stop it. Abuse in any way is psychologically disturbing, having the ability to scar the victims for life. The act could be intentional or unintentional, but either way, once the damage is done, there's nothing that can possibly be done to reverse it. It, therefore, needs to be stopped, prevented and refrained from. Thus, this book is my small attempt at creating social awareness about the horrendous deed.

***

Coming to the content warnings in a nutshell:
• Mild sexual scenes (romantically)
• Mentions of verbal abuse (bullying and body shaming)
• Abusive and/or vulgar language (cussing and swearing)
• Trigger foods (names and tacit recipes)

(Let me inform you, though the fourth one seems implausible, it's extremely powerful. If not the other three, this one will definitely get to you.)

Now, since I've warned y'all of all the trigger warnings, I suggest reading at your own discretion.

And, lastly, this book is a work of fiction. There are some scenes and plots in the book that may not be happening in real life, but in the fictitious world that I've created through this book, they very work work. So please treat it as such. 

I hope y'all enjoy reading this book as much as I did writing it.

Yours,

Tic Tac