Chapter 28

3rd Person

The night could only be explained as one thing: amazing. Unfortunately though, Taylor knew he had to go see his mother now that it was morning. She showed up to his apartment unannounced so he wanted to know why.

"Want me to come with you, baby?" Blake asked as he pushed loose hairs aways from Taylor eyes. He honestly just wanted to see those sparkling green eyes stare back at him.

Taylor smiled. "It's okay. I can do this." he said. He wasn't sure if he was trying to convince Blake or himself.

"Okay. Text me when you're done. I'll pick you up."

"You don't have to." Taylor grinned happily.

"I want to." Blake grinned in return before pulling Taylor towards him and kissing his lips softly.

"Okay." Taylor responded shly after pulling away from the kiss. He wanted it to last forever, but he had an important errand to run. "I'll see you later."

"Okay, baby." Blake called out, admiring his lovers departing figure. Words simply couldn't explain the way he felt about him.

-

Taylor stood outside the familiar door once again. This pattern was starting to take a toll on him. He hated standing at that door waiting for a two-faced and hateful woman to appear. He hated the neighborhood in general.

"Taylor!" The door flew open revealing Alex. Taylor exhaled a breath of relief. He was more than thankful his brother was still there.

"Hi." Taylor greeted, before being attacked with a hug by his brother. He chuckled a little as he was pushed off balance by the force of the hug.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked curiously. He had finally gained his composure and given his brother some space.

"Well.." Taylor began to say, but was soon cut short however by the woman  that was the cause of his sudden and unannounced appearance.

"Close my damn door." Michelle muttered sourly. Taylor couldn't help but roll his eyes. She didn't even say hi.

Taylor stepped into the warm and dimly lit house cautiously, before closing the door like his mother had demanded.

"Why the sudden appearance?" Michelle questioned her son.

"I could ask you the same thing." Taylor retorted referring to her visit to his apartment the day before.

Alex frowned confusedly. "What are you talking about, Tay?"

Taylor shifted his eyes from his mother then to his brother before explaining. "She showed up at my apartment yesterday. I didn't even know how she knew my address, but apparently she went to my boss at work, you know the one who came here with me last time, to ask for it."

Alex eyed his mother in a questioning manner, waiting for her to explain herself. This was beyond suspicious. What was she doing there? Why didn't she just ask Taylor directly?

Michelle stayed quiet however. She clearly wasn't planning on explaining herself. It didn't take long for her to pull out her pack of cigarettes and start smoking it like she always did.

"Hello?" Alex called out to his mother rudely. He watched as she breathed in the toxic air into her lungs quietly.

Taylor didn't have the patience for this. Not today. He had a wonderful night last night and he refused to allow his mother to ruin the euphoric feeling he was still feeling.

"Honestly Michelle, don't show up to my apartment again. Don't go to my job either. And most importantly, don't even think about contacting Blake again."

Alex stood in shock as he watched his brother. He didn't know what was more shocking. The fact that he called his mother by her first name or the fact that he confidently set his boundaries. Either way, Alex was proud.

"Michelle?" His mother forward her eyebrows. She wasn't happy with Taylor calling her by her name.

"Yes, Michelle. I hope you heard what I said. Do not appear suddenly in my personal life again. I will be forced to get a retraining order." The words left Taylor's mouth in such a profound way that everyone in the room knew he meant every word he said.

Michelle was fuming, but she kept her composure. "Well, I'm sure Blake will want to see me, so you'll have to see me with a retraining order or not." She mused confidently.

Taylor laughed loudly at her stupidity. "He won't want to see you. Believe me. And what do you think he is? Your friend? Your boyfriend perhaps?"

Michelle sat in her seat furiously as she tried to shake off her embarrassment. Maybe she did believe that her and Blake had something.

"Watch your mouth, young man." She gritted through her teeth.

Alex happily watched from the side as everything unfolded before him. This side of Taylor was extremely entertaining and refreshing and he loved it.

"He's mine. Not yours. Mine. He's my fucking boyfriend. And he is something you simply can't take from me. I won't let you. Your days of bitterness towards me is over. I suggest you stay the fuck away from us or we'll have a serious problem. Do you understand, Michelle?"

Taylor didn't know where the sudden confidence and bravery came from, but he wasn't complaining. He felt like he was on cloud nine. He felt like he could do anything he wanted. He didn't feel like the scared little boy he was months ago. For the first time in a very very long whil, he felt confident and happy.

Both Michelle and Alex froze in shock. They had no idea Taylor was dating Blake. It didn't take long for a silly smile to form on Alex's face though. He was happy his brother finally had good things going for him. And he was also happy about how angry Taylor's confession made his mother.

"I hope I made myself very clear. I'm leaving now." Taylor said to his mother. He then turned towards his brother and said, "You can stop by anytime. I'd love you to properly meet Blake."

Alex nodded before hugging his brother tightly. "I'm so proud of you." He voiced to Taylor. "I glad your doing well."

Taylor smiled, hugging his brother too. He was happy that at least one person in his family cared about him. "Thanks, Lex."

Pulling away, Taylor eyed his mother with distaste. He hoped his mother got the message, because he was serious about everything he said. He wasn't putting up with his mother's malicious ways anymore.

Taylor walked out that gloomy house proudly and cheerfully. He pulled his phone and called Blake. He couldn't wait to tell him about his day.

Yes, Michelle didn't change like Taylor hoped she would, but this was enough. Taylor knew he couldn't change someone especially if they didn't want to. He was happy he gave her a chance to change. She chose to not take them and that wasn't Taylor's fault or problem.

____________________

A/N:

Thanks for reading! There are like two chapter's left before the end!

- drousyy