Chapter 6

3rd Person

As they walk through the park, the wind blew its chilling cold air against their faces. The park was as silent as ever. No one was there. It looked almost as if it was abandoned.

The cold air blowing against Taylor's face felt comforting to him. He loved the cold more than anything. It gave him something else to think about other than himself. The cold gave him the cold, icy feeling that it came with to think about and that was what Taylor loved so much.

It was getting dark out, but Blake and Taylor kept walking anyway in nothing but silence.

Taylor looked over to Mr. Stones. He was looking ahead and wasn't making any move to talk. Taylor didn't mind though. He himself wasn't a big fan of talking.

Even so, Taylor still wanted to know the reason behind him wanting to go for a walk. He wanted to know the reason behind Blake wasting his time on him.

As Taylor looked his way staring in deep thought, he didn't know what to say. How could he ask without sound rude. He wondered if he should just not say anything anything at all.

Taylor debated with himself for a while and decided to just go for it. It didn't matter how it was going to come out, Taylor just wanted answers. When Taylor finally decided to open his mouth to speak, Blake spoke instead.

"I'm sorry." Said Blake suddenly. Taylor didn't know what he was sorry for.

"For what?" Taylor asked.

"For touching you. Sorry for touching you. I didn't know." Blake elaborated.

"I uh.. it's ok. I just don't like being touched randomly. It's my fault for not saying anything about it."

Mr. Stones simply nodded his head in understanding. He wanted to protest and say no it wasn't Taylor's fault, but he just decided against it. Instead, he looked back ahead, still walking.

Taylor did the same thing and once again, there was nothing but silence between them. Neither of the was bothered by this though. The atmosphere was nice and not heavy at all. It was just comfortable.

After walking a while longer, Taylor yawned suddenly feeling a wave of exhaustion hit him. He now wanted to go home.

Taylor stopped walking and turned to face Mr. Stones who also stopped as well noticing he stopped.

"I'll be going now. Thank you for the walk," Taylor smiled. It was a weak one though. Taylor just wasn't much of a smiler.

Blake agreed that it was time to go their separate ways now. It was truly late now and they had work the next day.

"Ok, goodnight." He smiled in return.

"Goodnight." Taylor responded back, before walking away with the destination of his apartment in mind.

Taylor secretly knew that he'd probably be back at the park later again from not being able to sleep.

For now, Taylor just wanted a nice and cold shower.

Blake stood a while longer as he watched Taylor's departing form. He was just so intrigued by him and he didn't know why.

After learning Taylor hated being touched, Blake decided it'd be the best idea to keep a bit of space between them starting from then on. He didn't want to make Taylor uncomfortable in any way.

In fact, Blake had an overwhelming urge to protect Taylor. He wanted to shield him from all the horrors in the world. He wanted to spoil him and make him ridiculously happy. Blake didn't know why he felt this way, but what he did know was that he'd never felt that way for anyone before.

____________________

When Taylor arrived home, instead of taking the nice long cold shower he wanted so badly, he collapsed onto my bed and fell into a deep slumber. This slumber didn't last for too long however.

At either one or two in the morning, Taylor woke up breathing heavily, with sweat painting his forehead.

He had a bad dream. He had one every night mostly, but this time, was worse than all the others times.

He decided it was now a good time to take that long awaited shower. He needed one considering the amount of sweat he was covered in.

After his shower, Taylor slipped on joggers and a sweater before walking back to his bed.

As he sat on the rough surface staring at nothing at all, he debated on whether or not he should go to the park again. He knew that this moment would come. Now, he had to decided on whether he'd force himself back to sleep so he wouldn't be tired for work the next day or if he'd walk to the park like he always did.

The park unsurprisingly won the debate. Taylor simply didn't feel like he could get himself to sleep again, so he left his apartment and made his way to the park.

-

Once Taylor finally arrived at the dimly lit park, he found himself a swing and sat down. The stars were especially bright tonight, so he watched as they gleamed away. It was chilly and dark out. Only the street lights and stars contributed to Taylor being able to see even just a little. It was just like any other day really and Taylor didn't since he was used to it.

Suddenly, as Taylor was enjoying his peace and quiet, a shadow appeared.

A deep frown was quick to form onto his face. He now wanted to leave, because something felt off. Just as he was about to get up to leave, a face came into Taylor's line of sight.

Taylor recognized the face. It was Rolan.

He let out a breath of relief calming down a little. Just a little though, because after all, Taylor didn't know Rolan all that well.

"Taylor?" Rolan questioned, squinting his eyes.

Taylor smiled a weak smile, then nodded to confirm that it was in fact him.

"Oh, hey. I haven't seen you in a while. Where have you been?"

"Around." Taylor answered. He still didn't like socializing and he wasn't really planning on changing that.

Rolan took the liberty to sit on the swing next to Taylor's.

"Yeah, same here." Rolan replied not giving much thought to Taylor's vague and dismissive response.

Taylor found himself suddenly curious.

"Do you come here often?" He asked, eyeing Rolan.

Rolan smiled a simple, yet genuine close lipped smile. He was happy Taylor initiated a conversation. "Sometimes," He began, "It clears my head. The quietness is comfortable."

Taylor found himself nodding in agreement. He couldn't have said it any better.

"Yeah." Taylor replied. He felt like Rolan and him could potentially have a lot in common.

For the first time in a while after, other than with Mr. Stones, Taylor felt comfortable and contempt in someone else's company, and he didn't mind not one bit.

_______________________

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one! Bye :)

-drousyy♡♡