How to open a heart of iron and gold?( part 1)

Cass cried on her sleep. She keeps having horrendous nightmares of it all. When she took the moonstone, when she met that spirit again, when the werewolf attacked her, the blue light that chased her and back to where this charade really started. All of it hunting her dreams.

"No no no this is -no, this who I was meant to be-no, don't take them away-die, I don't care-please don't - gotta reach my destiny-don't leave me behind -not again."

Cassandra keep rolling frantically on her sleep when her transparent companion has "mercy" and waked her up.

"Cassandra, you should sleep. You won't be able to reach your destiny if you don't get enough sleep. You will become too weak. Do you want that, Cassandra?" The spirit spat with a frown.

"No. I just can't get my mind to rest. It just keepS-"

"Scaring you"-the spirit said amused.

"Alert-too alerted to even blink "

"Um, perhaps you will need my assistance for that"

"Uhm ...what do you mean?"-she said a bit suspicious still affected by the nightmares.

"I mean- I can help you rest just ..."

"No I'm sure I can get sleep if I just.."

"Let me help you, Cassandra. That's why I'm here for .Am I right?"

"Yeah, I guess you are but-"

"Just close your eyes, Cassandra. I will protect your dreams " she said smirking as Cassandra bend down into position for a finally "peaceful" sleep.

°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°■°

Rapunzel knew what to do now. Her father may not bulge right away, but with her idea, she would change his mind. She knew she had to and will.

●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●♧●

Varian was tired, tired of hurting. It feel all so weird. Everything was solving around him but his heart couldn't rest.

He knew he shouldn't be focusing on her right now. She was the enemy, he had to fight her, but honestly, if he was honest, he wished he didn't have to. then, those feelings again ...

'She must have feel like these when it happened to me. Sure, she was more aggressive about it. Cass wouldn't be Cassie without her strength and vigor.

He really messed it all that time. He hurt her and even when she had told him she forgave him he knew she won't forget it and the thought just bring more sorrow. She was in the grasp of the dark path and even when it was not his fault, he feels as it truly was.

Varian would have continued to berate himself with more hate-self thoughts when Rapunzel knocked on his door.

He was a bit relieved at the distraction.

"Hey princess "he said with a forced smile

"Hi Varian. Are you alright?" She said noticing the black circles of his eyes and how puffy they were.

"Yes, I'm alright. Why did you call me up?"

"Remember my big plan that I told you about" she said smirking a bit.

"Oh, sure I do. What-oh meeting. Right?

"Yes Varian. Eugene, Lance, the girls and me will be at my bedroom so you're coming?"

"Of course" 'thank you princess '

"Uh did you said something, Varian?"

"Oh no-I'm just thinking aloud I did that all the time. Well, not all the time but-"