From my point of view

Cass was in her way to met with the encased princess when her mind started to work along.
'Is almost imposible to believe that it has been such a little time with him as a friend before all this catasthrophe.'
Raps ended exhausted she almost lost her parents and Eugene and denied to help Varian, a dear friend for her and surprisenly her friend too.She still remembers his desesperate state how he was clinging into the help of the princess .They save the day for sure but not all was taking care of .She wanted to do something so badly but just as the young princess ;she was forbidden to do something because Raps needed her help and protection after what happenned that day of the storm.They won but at such a huge cost: trauma and insecurity and broken spirits and that was just the start of the day with a lot of boring preparations to make.
------------------------------------------------------------
Several hours after
This is the perfect idea Rudddiger I just need to use this special alchemy formula and our plot for revenge will be sweet after all she still believes in me. Right princess ? -he said with a evil smirk and forced laugh.There was a part of him that knew this was foolish but is this  was necessary then so be it.