I was not a bad child

Varian was on his way to the dark kingdom. Flying with the wind in his air balloon, in the early morning, when he remembered that he didn't respond to Cassie.

"Oh god with all the stress of being caught by the guards I didn't write back "-he proceeded to grab his bag and look for the pen and paper he ask for this journey. Mostly for investigation for sure, but turns out he could use them to communicate with his dear girl-

friend too.

'Dear Cass

I see your sorrow on the last letter you send me and you should now that whatever the problem might be... you can count on me. Past sure if something many want to know about because of curiosity. You shouldn't feel like that, especially when, like me, you had a father that would say that you won't get it or is not the time yet.

Cass, you are a great warrior and the most loyal and trustful friend. You shouldn't be jealous but I totally get you. The princess's life sure is one many crave to have but don't feel like that, please. Remember there are people if not her that love you with all their heart, that includes me too.

Your supportive friend,

Varian'

At that moment he saw the owl he came familiar with not too long ago.

"Hey, owl, what are you-"- he saw a letter attached to his claws.

"Oh, another letter" -he said quite surprised and took it gently from Owl.

"Thanks for sending me this, Owl"

"Ho-ho "-said the owl in pleasure but there was something on the stare or position that didn't feel right

"Did something happen to Cassi-Cass in these days? "-He asked worriedly to the owl

"Ho ho"-the owl said signaling the letter in the alchemist's hand and he smirked in knowledge for it.

He opened the seal and read the letter quietly.

When he finished he was somehow feeling overwhelmed by all the letter said- Something bad have happened for sure and for once Cassie seemed to be giving up on their side, just like he did before. He needed to get her out of it. If she crossed that line, he didn't knew if he could ever bring her back again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at the princess's journey

She and her beloved cocky boyfriend where in the labyrinth with 'Vigor', who in reality was Demanitus himself as their guide in a research for the last piece of the scroll while he was telling the story on how all started.

"Sundrop and Moondrop fall from the sky one transformed in a flower and the other in a stone. Both were objects of research when me and Zhan tiri where still working together. When she betrayed the mission and convince my pupils with some tricks to join her side; because of this I divided the scroll in these four parts so they or anyone else with dark intentions could never reach them."

"That is kind of a story Demanitus, though it must have been hard to be betrayed right?'-Rapunzel said in a sad smile remembering her former friend back at Corona.

"It was hard but I was able to work alone at least for as long as I could"

"Still not sure that you are Demanitus but if there is a Moondrop and Sundrop them it means the Moondrop have not been found as is still on the same place. Right?"

"Yes, but what will-"

The machine activated because someone didn't put the coin of safety in distrust of the monkey.

"Eugene you had to throw away the coin"

"I was not sure he was real, remember what happened before?."-he said with a loud voice but change his tune when he saw her face"-I am sorry I am just worried that you might actually get in more danger. I know you will manage physically but not that sure if mentally"

"As long as I am by your side, Eugene, I will feel safe -she said with a smile on her face .

Demanitus stood there having flashbacks of good memories from his past thought now they were filled with guilt and regret.

"We better go before the machine gets to us. I don't have much time left so I will just command you to unite both of the powers so all it can be contained.We may not know exactly what will happen but if you princess are the one to do it ,you most likely will survive"-he said with a severe but still calm voice and while they were scaping, come back to be just the visionary monkey.

•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•

She was left alone like always. She was so feed up that she started to train with her sword. Also, to get use to fight with a burned hand.

'You will always be second place' -the voice in her mind keep telling her mercylessly of the pain it brought to her.

"Cassandra, are you alright?"

"I am fine, Lance, just doing some training"

"If you said so but-"

"Yes, I would tell you if I need anything. Just go"

"Ok them"

She did that all day until their arrival.

Both of them told her and Lance of all the adventure they have during the day: how they meet Demanitus and the fact that he was a monkey.

Then during their conversation Eugene took the gem Vigor give him in gratefulness and read the words written in them.

"At the end of Rapunzel's journey, one of her party shall turn against her "-taken aback Eugene look at everyone around him and his shock arise when he saw that unnatural smile on Cassandra's face but before he could voice his mind, his princess came with a smile upon her face.

"Guys, you won't believe what news I had just received from Corona"

"What is it, Sunshine?"-he said smiling at her.

"Varian have been finally freed; he must get here by tomorrow's noon"

-she said still happy though some signs of worry could be notice on her face.

"Wow the kid finally get to his senses"-blurted Eugene

"Of course "-said Cass with a scowl to hide her smile

"Great to know, princess. Hope he is alright now "-said Lance.

"He will be alright. He had us once again"-said the princess

"It won't be that easy, Blondie"

"I know, but is work a hard try"

"Yes, it does"

'Ugh lovers so lucky to have each other '-Cass thought still not fond of their fluff though she gotta admit, she couldn't blame them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

They finished their meal and got to bed and the vigilant Cass play her part with a dark but true resolution.

'I got you by my side bur only one of us will make it out alive' -she hopes he will be the one. He deserved it more than her.