shot 12

A few more days passed with no improvements in their relationship.

Arnav walked into his room and felt something different.

The damned poster of a half naked Salman Khan is missing.

Arnav smiled feeling relieved at that.

Then his smile vanished as he realized that was not the only thing missing.

As he opened the door ,he didn't hear the usual sound of the wind chimes. He immediately turned around and found it missing.

His heart picked up its beat as he did a quick inspection of the room

The stars above the bed is missing. As was her pink bed sheet.

He hurriedly opened the wardrobe and found only drab black and brown suits.

Her colourful anarkali suits she had hung in between his suits were not there anymore.

"Kushi? Kushi?" He called out loudly.

She didn't leave? Did she?

No! She can't. She can't leave him and go.

He rushed out of the room looking around the house like a maniac

"Kushi..." he called out loudly

Anjali came out of her room hearing the frantic shouts of her brother.

"Chotte?" Anjali called out ,but Arnav didn't hear her.

Or maybe he heard ,but it didn't register anywhere in him.

All he could think about at that moment is Kushi. His Kushi.

"Kushi.." he called out again and he rushed towards the stairs that lead to the terrace

"Chotte" Anjali held his arms stopping him

Arnav looked at her and Anjali was shocked to see the panic struck look in her brother's eyes.

"Chotte. Kya hua?" Anjali cupped his face and her heart pummeled against her ribcage as she saw the moisture lining his eyes.

He looked devastated. He looked broken

He looked like her fourteen year old chotte near their mother's dead body.

"I- di ,she- I can't- left" Arnav stammered incoherent words increasing Anjali's fears.

"Talk to me chotte. Kya hua baccha. Tell me" Anjali prompted gently. All her heartbreak forgotten at the abject misery she witnessed in her chotte's eyes.

They heard the hurried footsteps at the stairs and looked up to see Kushi rushing downstairs

Kushi had heard her name being called frantically and she had rushed downstairs fearing something worst.

Did something happen?

Did anyone get hurt?

Is Anjali ji okay?

Her jiji?

Worries marred her brows as she hurried towards the house ,but she stopped on tracks seeing Arnav and Anjali standing there.

"Uh. I'm sorry" she apologized for disturbing the sibling moments and turned to go.

Arnav pushed Anjali's hands away from his face and rushed towards Kushi.

He didn't see the hurt that passed through Anjalis eyes.

He was too busy trying to hold back Kushi.