Chapter 22

"Jimin-ah?"

Jimin flashed a small smile. His socks were wet and soggy making him squirm uncomfortably in his shoes. "Hey Jin hyung...can I come in for a bit? Sorry for the sudden appearance"

Seokjin stared at him in disbelief before quickly pulling him inside. "What were you even thinking?? It's raining cats and dogs outside and you're just standing outside like a fool!" Seokjin fumed as he immediately checked over Jimin's form. Jin hyung's fingers brushed through Jimin's hair and frowned when he felt the cool, damp hair. With a huff, Seokjin grabbed hold of his hand and abruptly pulled him inside the apartment.

When Jimin stepped through the door, he was hit with the fragrance of ginger tea. His skin prickled with goosebumps as his body tried to adjust to the sudden change in temperature. Although, he had to admit that this was far better than the biting cold outside.

Shaking his head, Jimin let himself be dragged along and pushed into a small chair. A large and heavy blanket was thrown over his entire body and Jimin snuggled into it, welcoming the soft, plush comfort in the cotton material. "I'll get you some tea.." Seokjin whispered lightly.

Jimin's fingers graced over the thick material and hummed in satisfaction. He could barely control the urge to pull out his tail and start wagging.

It's warm.

Jimin couldn't remember when he started to do it but he had begun to associate Y/N with warmth.

It did not sit right with him that he had yet to even hug her. For fuck's sake, he loved showing everyone affection so it was physically exhausting for him to be away from other people, especially Y/N. Mrs. Kang had kept sending him on an errands so Jimin had no way of meeting Y/N personally. Even meeting Seokjin hyung was an errand.

Despite his complaints Jimin was fully aware of how important it was that he carried out his errands efficiently and quickly. Everything that had happened was too strange to simply dismiss. Jimin could either be looking into this too much or he was not seeing the big picture.

While he could have asked Ma'am to use her connections, Jimin had always noticed the strange look in her eyes and the sudden tension whenever he asked Mrs. Kang about her past connections and friends. The last thing he wanted to do was make his kind owner uncomfortable.

"Here's your tea. I brought you some snacks in case you were hungry too.." Seokjin muttered, breaking Jimin from his thoughts as a plate was placed in front of Jimin.

Two fingers wrapped around the cup handle as he carefully raised the cup to his lips and took a sip. Flowing into his mouth and down his throat, Jimin relished the warmth spreading from the edge of his fingers to the tips of his toes.

Jin hyung really knows how to take care of others huh?

He felt much more calmer and settled than when he had first entered the apartment. He felt like he could ask now.

Lowering his cup on to the table, Jimin gulped down the familiar bundle of nerves and looked up. "Hyung do you.." he licked his lips. Tried again. "Do you remember when Yoongi hyung was first attacked that night?"

Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows and hummed in response "yes? Why do you ask?" Jimin stared at the porcelain white of his cup. He muttered "I'm tracking down the group that man belonged to"

Jimin clutched on to the blanket tightly.

"Why? Didn't we already put him in his place? I don't think that disgusting man needs anymore of our attention..." Jimin must have looked distraught at his hyung's reply because Seokjin took one look and sighed in defeat. "Tell me then. Why are you tracking him?"