Chapter 31

Under the gentle wing of the night, Yoongi seamlessly glided through the streets. The white noise of chatter rises to a crescendo whenever he approaches food stalls before falling once again when he makes a sharp turn at the corner. His feline body twisted through the gaps in the fence of legs before finally arriving at a more isolated area of the city.

Yoongi held his breath before shifting to his biped form. He rotated his wrist in an attempt to erase the stiffness in his limbs. The roads in this area were quiet and void of other people so he was 75% certain that no one would be around to report him.

Snatching the phone in his back pocket, Yoongi squinted at the sudden flash of harsh light when he switched it on. When his eyes refocused, Yoongi memorized the address and set off.

Yoongi had heard of how anger blinded you. How it pulled red wool over your eyes and prevented you from seeing any depth. How it dulled your common sense and reasoning and made you into a fool.

Does that mean I'm not angry? Why am I so calm?

No, Yoongi was angry. He was furious beyond belief.

But this bubbling, uncontrollable fury was not caused by just this incidence. This fury had been building up. They had built up over the days, the months and the years where Yoongi had survived only because of his sheer spite and stubbornness. Layer after layer, the hot rage accumulated due to a series of events that kept smacking him in the face despite the streaming blood and blotchy tear stains on his cheeks.

From being accustomed to the lecherous touch of people to being forced to fit the mold of everyone's damn expectations to shivering alone on the broken pavement; Yoongi had every fucking reason to be furious.

But Yoongi knew better.

He knew that he was better than everyone who hurt him. Losing control over the leash holding his anger in check would be proving them right. He did not have to stoop to their level.

HAH! As if I would let them have that satisfaction.

He should have known they would have used underhand tactics to force him to lose his temper.

Yoongi took a deep breath and watched it float above his nose in faint wisps of grey.

He had found it.

The tips of fingers traced over the embedded numbers on the metal gate. His eyes flicked over to scan the residency.

A small path of pebbles lead the way to the front porch that was built with wooden rectangular pillars to hold the slanted roof up. The cavity walls were painted in a gentle amber that glowed under illumination and provided a rustic touch to the exterior. Artificial light poured out of the windows and cast divided squares of yellow onto the ground in front of the house.

Yoongi could feel his disbelief and irritation flare at the sight of the cosy home.

How dare they.

Pressing his palm against the metal bar on the gate, Yoongi shifted his weight and leaped over to the other side. Keeping his steps light and soundless, he creeped through the trimmed grass and around the house to the back.

As he got closer, the house thrummed with laughter and a cacophony of voices.

While avoiding the windows, Yoongi searched for a hidden back door that could lead to an underground basement.

He had debated on whether Hyunjin was trapped in an attic or a basement and ended up opting for the latter. Yoongi had barely been able to decipher what Hyunjin was mumbling over the phone as the connection kept cutting off repeatedly. The basement was a more likely option as signals were usually difficult to receive in those areas.