Chapter 11

Seokjin did not know what to say. Quite honestly he couldn't believe Y/N did that. Rather than leaving a mere hybrid to die she chose to bring them home. Seokjin had not heard of a human genuinely worried about another hybrid. A stranger at that.

Y/N was something else really. She truly was.

It makes me want to trust her.

Y/N held out a hand and Seokjin placed the spare roll of gauze in her palm. He watched her tighten it around the hybrid's wrist. She was careful and gentle and Seokjin felt something in his throat.

He knew he had been lucky when Michael adopted him. He was one of the oldest hybrids in that centre. Being older was scary. No one wanted you. They would glance at you, feigning interest when they saw your face but then the staff would told them your age. That was all it took.

He wasn't adorable. He was just a pretty face. Something that lost value as the years passed by.

But he wanted to be loved. Did he deserve love? Seokjin didn't know but he wanted to feel. To see. To love.

Was that so hard? Was he unlovable?

As Seokjin stared at Y/N pressing her lips, curling her eyebrows in frustration, he felt something ignite within him.

A small flame of hope.

Maybe, just maybe. She would love someone like me. If it's her..

...

Hoseok saw a single light.

It was bright. Too bright. Bright as a star. He couldn't draw his eyes away.

Everything else was dissolved in black and darkness galore. It daunting to see so much darkness. While he liked the night more than day, he loved the night more when stars were scattered across the sky like sprinkles.

So he reached for the light, feeling it swim over his fingers, his arms, his skin. It washed over him in all its brilliance.

"..ello? He's waking up. Jungkook get some water please? Quickly!"

A voice. A small, light whisper right next to his ear.

"Hello there."

She has a nice voice. It sounds... pretty.

Hoseok blinked rapidly. He didn't know the smell of this room. He hissed as shockwaves ran through his body when he tried to move. He gritted his teeth.

Where am I? Why aren't I dead? Where is everyone? Am I being punished again? Oh god no. No no no. Please no. I did everything they asked me to so why are they treating me like this?

Something flashed in his head.

Golden, shiny fur. Dirty blonde hair. A boxy smile. The mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

What did they to Taehyung? Where is Taehyung? No. No. No. he is everything I have left, I can't loose him. I don't care what they do to me but to him?

He sat up immediately, body trembling at the stimulation of pain throughout his body but he did not care. He needed to find Taehyung. He was all alone out there and what if he was hungry? Maybe he was shivering in the cold waiting for him to come back? His mind raced through possibilities that seemed terrifyingly endless.

"You're safe. "

A voice cuts in through his thoughts, clear as crystal.

Hoseok jolts and stares at the hand holding his own. He pulls his arm back instinctively and glares at the lady.