Chapter 3

"It's not much I know" Y/N said as she unlocked the apartment door and watched Jungkook step in "but I'm working on it".

Jungkook lowered his head and his hair fell into his eyes as his hands gripped his shirt tightly. He took small steps inside but kept glancing behind him.

Y/N could not let him go back into the streets injured like that. She could turn a blind eye for certain things. Not injuries. Never injuries.

She led him to the bathroom, pointed at the shampoo bottles, conditioners and soaps arranged near the sink. "I hope you don't mind smelling like strawberries? It was on discount so I went ahead and bought it."

Damn I'm really exposing myself here, huh.

Jungkook nodded stiffly. "I'll get some clothes for you if you want?" He nodded. "If you need help just call for me alright?" He nodded again. With a sigh, Y/N left him alone.

While Y/N understood why he was so hesitant and scared to let his guard down, she could not help but feel a little downhearted. It was pitiful really. To want to actively help instead of standing to the aside only to be feared.

Well, I know he trusts me a bit. He wouldn't have complied to come home with me otherwise.

There's still hope...

She walked into her room and threw the closet door open with a creak. Y/N sifted through the bundle of clothes and hangers. For 5 minutes she separated piles of clothes and undergarments and pants. Just as she was about to give up, she spotted something from the corner of the room.

An orange cashmere sweater thrown carelessly over her study table.

Y/N stepped away from the closet and lifted the sweater. It was big and soft and possibly comfortable enough.

It was Tommy's birthday gift to her.

The annoying stone in her throat got stuck again as Y/N picked up the small letter on her table. It was a normal paper with no romantic, fancy decorations but she had read it. Again and again and again.

No wonder the paper was so wrinkled and crushed.

'Hey my beautiful baby girl.

I never did manage to wish you on time for your birthday. You were so busy I didn't think you would like me bothering you. I know you're not able to go out these days because of that huge project due next week. Your professors are assholes for doing that. >-<

When I bought this I immediately thought of you in it, kissing and.. anyway!

I hope you like it and I hope it makes up for me not wishing you. I love you so much my beautiful girl. No matter how you change I will love you.

From your partner in crime,
Tommy'

Y/N folded the paper again and pushed it to the corner. She had not worn the sweater ever since he left and it was big enough. Gulping back the tears she grabbed her biggest grey sweatpants along with the sweater.

"This is no time to be crying.." she muttered furiously. She forced herself to focus on what Jungkook needs right now instead.

Hopefully he likes it.

...

Ok. Here goes.

Y/N stepped in front of the bathroom door. The slosh and slush of water spraying from the shower head echoed behind the door. I wonder if he can hear me over all that noise..?