Prologue

Is anger and sorrow the same? There were many times where it seemed so to Y/N. It did not matter whether she was angry or sad, she would end up crying either way.

Sometimes it's a mix of both. The tendrils of dismal blue and red would swirl within her and be bottled inside her tiny human body. More times than not, the cap would blow off and those tears would begin to spill once again.

This situation was one that made her feel both.

She did not even notice him slipping away. When did his arms stop curling around her waist as she slipped into bed quietly? When did his eyes not sparkle and glow like they used to? When did he stop giving her those kisses that she just loved to melt into?

She couldn't bring herself to blame him despite everything. She did work too much. She did ignore his multiple attempts at trying to hug her when she was working from home. She did refuse his simple, butterfly-inducing kisses. She did that.

She did that.

So why couldn't she stop crying?

"Please don't make this any harder.." his voice was rough and low. Had he been crying before? Y/N refused to let go. Her grip tightened on his sleeve.

"Please don't leave me.. I promise I'll do better so please, please don't leave me alone..." her voice was a whisper towards the end. With a gentle smile, he softly stroked her cheek. "I tried Y/N, I really did but I simply wasn't the one for you. I hope... you find the one after I'm gone."

The one..?

No.. NO! You're the one!

Please no..

I love you I want you I need you so much just please let me have another chance I promise I won't be the same and I'll-

He had already stepped away from her before she could utter these thoughts. He stepped towards the stairway leading away from, leading him out of her life.

Y/N fell to her knees. She clutched with both hands, onto the door knob and heaved, broken and miserable and she had no one to blame but herself.

Maybe it was a few minutes or maybe she had been sitting there pathetically for hours (at least that's how it felt like) but she finally, finally, pushed the strength into her legs and dragged herself into her apartment, clicking the door shut as she went.

...

When Y/N woke up again it was two in the morning. She stared blankly at the ceiling, into the flat darkness above. She tossed. She turned. She rolled across her sheets, trying to figure out the perfect position for her to fall asleep.

Maybe she was thirsty?

Y/N dragged herself out of bed, shivered when her feet touched the cold wooden floor and stepped out into her hallway.

The water seemed so interesting to watch. It flowed into glass and tapped against the glass gently. The water swirled around, filling up the glass before she finally twisted the tap off.

The cool water passed down her dry throat but she still didn't feel like sleeping.

She wasn't thirsty after all. Just... spaced out.

This apartment was not worth much but it did take up much of her life ever since Y/N started living independently.

To her, living independently was starting her second life. Instead of being trapped under the restraints of her parents expectations, Y/N adored the freedom she was able to achieve after graduating.

It was scary at the beginning. She didn't know where to go, what she had to do or even the road to her own college. She had to depend on her parents money for a few months while she looked for a part time job that payed off decently and matched her class timetable.

While it was a harsh blow to her pride to keep asking for her parents' money, Y/N had no choice.

Finally, she found an apartment with... running water! Thank god!

Despite the slightly-higher-than-her-budget price, she needed that running water. Her standards were low but not that low.

It's been 5 years since then. Her apartment had been bleak and rather run down when she brought it but she managed to save up and adjust it to her liking.

She managed to make it feel like home.

Even so, it's human nature to want the warmth of another. They are selfish like that. Y/N was unfortunately one of them.

She hated coming back home to emptiness. She wanted someone to cuddle with and her third pillow was nice but it didn't give her what she needed. A+ for effort though.

Basically she was lonely.

And then came Tommy with his beautiful angel smile and warm brown eyes and for a while Y/N wasn't lonely anymore. Until he left. And she was alone. Again. Fuck.

Author's note:

Ok so. Fair warning that this story is slowly building up. It's a slow burn with a lot of angst. The boys have a past. I'm not tossing the reader into a harem just like that. I know it's not much but pls give this book a try? It's my first one and I'd love to see your thoughts so far and how I could improve.

Hope to see ya'll again.

Until then

I purple you💜