Chapter 6

Knock knock!

"Mrs. Kang?"

The door opened slowly and a short elderly woman appeared. Dressed in a white shirt dress decorated with flowers, Y/N could not help but smile.

Mrs. Kang was a sweet angel from above in Y/N's opinion.

She baked different treats such as cupcakes, brownies and chicken pies (they were sinfully delicious). She lent a handful of money so that Y/N could pay her rent for the month. She sometimes came over just to check up on Y/N.

If  Y/N ever needed something, Mrs. Kang would be the first person she would go to.

The old woman's eyes crinkled sweetly as they shined with delight. "Y/N! Sweetie how are you?"

Before she could continue, a crash of metal cut her off. The clash of noise was followed by children's light laughter and mischievous giggles. Two children then appeared right next to Mrs. Kang, looking up at Y/N with shiny eyes.

"Y/N!" the two girls chorused before leaping into  Y/N's arms.

Y/N stumbled as she caught them. She knelt down and hugged them tightly, ruffling their hair before grinning.

"How are you doing, you two misfits?"

Miya and maya, the non-identical twins.

Miya with her sneaky cat eyes and pixie cut black hair was crafty and as sly as a fox.

She was usually the one scolded the most out of the two yet she never strayed from her own path. She thought out of the box and found new ways to have an adventure.

Maya however, was serene and quiet with her round eyes and wavy black curls. A gentle soul, if you will.

It was difficult to catch her making a fuss. On the rare occasions when she got mad, her eyes would gleam and glare fiercely at you. She had, what you call, a resting bitch face.

Both of them were forces to reckon with.

Y/N peered suspiciously at them.

Both of them were holding too tightly onto her shirt. They were way too fidgety for her liking.

"What did you guys do this time?"

They snapped their heads up to Y/N. Their eyes wide and fearful. "We didn't do anything Y/N! Promise!".

Their eyes shimmered and their lips quivered pitifully.

If it had been anyone else, I'm sure they would have fallen for it.

But I've been babysitting their asses since they started living with their grandmother, Mrs. Kang. I know their little tricks by now.

"You have 5 seconds to tell me what happened and to apologize to your grandmother before you get it."

They tilted their heads to the side.

"Get what..?"

Y/N wiggled her fingers menacingly as her eyes held a sinister stare.  ".. a tickle fight...."

Their eyes widened. They looked at each other. A silent agreement.  And then back at Y/N.

They turned around to face Mrs Kang and bowed low, "We're sorry for dropping your fry pan, grandma!".

Mrs Kang huffed impatiently, "yes yes, now go inside and finish your homework. The cupcakes in the oven should be done by now anyway" she turned to Y/N and smiled.