Chapter 8

I left them alone for 10 minutes. 10 fucking minutes.

She suddenly heard a guttural growl. It was eerily ominous and send shivers down her spine.

Grinding her teeth Y/N ran to the room she left Namjoon in with Jungkook. She twisted the knob.

Click. Click.

Fuck. How did he even lock it? Or did he break it?

Y/N looked around for something. She spots a set of chairs arranged against the wall. She grabs one of the chair and sent a prayer to the heavens above. Before she could regret her decision by overthinking, Y/N slams the chair on the door.

It shakes at the force but remains stubbornly locked.

Whelp. Good bye to this chair then. You lived a good life I suppose.

Y/N takes a deep breath and then throws the chair at the door with all her might.

The chair crashes against the door, the wood snipping off and falling to the floor. The chair legs snap in half and it falls apart on to the floor. The door finally gives away, as the lock swings pitifully as it was held by a single screw.

Feeling breathless, Y/N huffed. She curls her fingers into a fist as her adrenaline spikes up. The hair on her skin rose sharply and formed goosebumps all over. Y/N gulps as her senses sharpened.

Breaking stuff feels so damn good, jeez.

Y/N steps closer and opens the door wider. Her eyes grew wide. She gaped at the sight before her.

The wall paper was scratched and in some places completely torn off, revealing the grey cement below. The mattress was tattered with clouds and puffs of white spilled out of the shredded areas. Long claw marks dragged along the floor, growing more frequent and deeper towards the corner of the room.

That was where Namjoon sat.

His legs were pulled close to his chest and his arms wrapped around them. He was trembling slightly and occasionally growling.

"Namjoon..?" Y/N called out carefully.

He stilled.

Stood up.

Turned.

Y/N turned white at the stare in his eyes.

They were emotionless and filled in with pure black. The single ring of yellow outlined the pupil as they glowed dangerously.

This isn't Namjoon. This is a wild animal.

Y/N starts sweating and backs away. Her eyes froze with fright. Her back stiffened. She quickly grabbed the door knob, her sweat making her lose grip for a moment.

Legs move Move MOVE.

But they were stuck to the floor. They didn't even let her fall to the floor helplessly. She was forced to stare at the floor and watch the large shadow loom closer and closer and closer.

"Isn't this awfully familiar... Y/N?"

Y/N snaps her head up. His dark, hooded eyes stared at her with a predatory glint.