Attempts of escape

I decided it would go against wisdom to say no to him at the moment. It was dark, I didn't know where I was going, and he would be hot on my trail.

I stared at him warily and took a few slow steps towards him before he grabbed me and placed me in bed beside him gently. He snuggled up to me and tucked me in to his body while he seemed to shield me from the rest of the world, unfortunately.

"Go to sleep, babydoll."

And this time I did.

When I awoke I was alone. I sat up and took in my surroundings. A large, dark bedroom, with one wall filled with black-out-covered windows. Standing up, I saw there was a note on the mahogany side table.

Babydoll,

I have some work I must attend to. Do not try to escape. There are guards outside the room.

I'll be back at noon.

X

I looked around once again. A clock was perched above the bed. Ten o'clock.

I placed the note back on the nightstand and tiptoed to the door. It was unlocked. I quietly opened it up and peeked outside to find two sets of eyes staring at me. I cleared my throat.

"You... you must be the guards..."

They didn't move or say anything.

"Well, nice to meet you."

No reaction.

I closed the door and locked it so they wouldn't be able to barge in at any moment.

"Luna, the Alpha has strictly forbid you to lock the door."

"Oh okay." I unlocked it again. I didn't need to get on their radar yet.

Walking to the windows, I opened the curtains and light filled the room. It was quite beautiful, really. Looking outside, I saw a magnificent stretch of woods that didn't stop in my view. The drop to the ground was like four stories or so. I opened one of the door-length windows to stand on the large balcony. The wind was gentle and warm, and no one was in sight.

I looked around. Trees were too far from the house to jump, well, for me anyways. However, there was another balcony below the one I stood on, and another after that.

I climbed over the railing so that I stood on the other side of the balcony and if I let go I would fall to my death. I let my hands slide all the way to the floor of the balcony, holding on to the rails. With the added length now in my reach, I let my lower body reach for the other balcony. Eventually I felt the iron against my toe. I pressed it more firmly, and looked down at it as best I could. I took a deep breath, and walked my hands along the bottom of the above balcony, the ceiling of this one, all the while balancing on my tippy toes. I took some time to get some balance before I quickly hopped to the bottom of this balcony, my hands taking grasp of the railing just in case.

When I realized I hadn't died yet, I took a few seconds to relish in the relief. I then began the process again.

After arriving on the second-floor balcony, I sighed. The drop was still large, but it would have to do. No ivy on the walls, no trees, nothing was available to aid me in my escape.

I climbed over the railing again, got into the position as if there was a balcony below it, therefor making my feet closer to the ground by about my height (five feet and one inch). I closed my eyes and let go of the railing, my body the opposite of rigid. My feet felt the grass and in a split second I activated my muscles. Just enough so that I could control my landing a bit, though. It could've been much worse, but I could still feel that stinging in my feet.

I looked around frantically. No one.

"You should know when you're not around me, my senses are greatly heightened."

His words rung through my head. What's that supposed to mean? Senses don't change. I still smell and see as well as I did when I wasn't scared at all. Dang, why did I have to get kidnapped by a psychopath?!

After not seeing anyone, I ran. I ran as fast as I could, never looking back, and trying to stay in a straight line in the woods. If I started running in circles, I wouldn't need Alpha to kill me.

I hadn't been running for five minutes when I heard a growl. My body jerked, trying to immediately stop for him, but me pushing it to continue running. I tripped a bit from the conflict, but didn't fall. I continued running, though I wasn't running as fast now, for some reason. I tried to go faster, I yelled at my feet internally, but I just couldn't. When I looked back up from my feet, a giant black wolf stood with his eyes angry and his teeth snarling. I stopped dead in my tracks.

He growled again and took a step forward, slowly. Though, he was going slow to intimidate, not because he himself was hesitant.

I tried to remember anything I had read on wolves, but information recall seemed impossible, since every time he growled or snarled at me I lost my train of thought. The wolf was circling me, and I closed my eyes. It growled, and I instinctively opened them again.

It stopped in front of my face and began studying it intensely. I took the opportunity to think, and checked out of the mentally-present role. I quickly scanned all information of wolves until I remembered they liked submission and to not be tested. With dogs this involves becoming smaller. I slowly sat down, looking only at the ground. I felt the wolf come closer, and then I felt it lower its head beneath mine, then use its snout to lift my chin. It looked down at me with the most amazing eyes I have ever seen. They were silver, like melted mirrors...

I gasped and reflexively scrambled backwards on all fours, desperate to get away from the beast. It had the exact same eyes as the man from last night!

An earth-shattering growl ripped from the wolf and it leaped upon me, pinning me down. It was shaking and I tried to remember if all dogs shake.

"Alpha! Alpha! We are so sorry! We don't know how she escaped!" So they thought this was the same guy from last night, as well.

Suddenly the sound of bones crunching made me cringe and whimpered, my eyes closed tightly. A large hand began stroking my hair simultaneously with a deep voice whispering, "shhh..."

I froze.

THIS. GUY. WAS. JUST. A. WOLF.

WEREWOLF?! No they're only stories. But, how do I explain this?