Stay Away

I woke up in Blade's office in his black shirt and boxers, tucked into his side and held firmly in place by his arm as he did alpha stuff. I yawned and tried to pull away, but he growled and yanked me back. I kissed his neck softly and he shivered.

"Don't worry I'm not leaving."

"Then where are you going?" he growled.

"I'm just going to get up and stretch," I reassured him gently.

He growled softly but released me reluctantly, keeping a harsh eye on me as I stretched my arms over my head. I walked to the bookcase, browsing the selection, when two rough hands snaked their way around my waist and pulled me flush against Bumblebee's front. He kissed the top of my head and I closed my eyes, smiling.

He picked me up bridal-style and smiled lovingly down at me. I returned the expression shyly and he chuckled, carrying us back to his desk.

"Hey Bumblebee?"

"Yes, Babydoll?" he replied, absentmindedly going through his papers.

"How long was I asleep?"

He leaned back, looking up. "Well let's see. After we got back and I fucked you hard like you needed," I blushed hard and cringed, "we slept all night and then I woke up at seven. So I took you downstairs with me to eat breakfast and you slept all through that and then I took you here and I've been doing work for about two hours."

I busted out laughing, and he concerned for my sanity.

"S-so," I took a deep breath to steady myself, "so you just dragged my unconscious body around the house with you-" I exploded in laughter and he joined me.

We were interrupted by a knock and all traces of humor was wiped from Blade's face as he crushed me to him and stood protectively in front of me, growling loudly and constantly.

"B-Bumblebee?" I whispered.

"Someone wants to die," he murmured to himself.

"Sir, we know that... Um..." the voice on the other side of the door cleared his throat, "...you just finished... Mating," Bumblebee growled and I blushed, "but there's a rogue out here demanding he talk to you."

A growl ripped through Blade so loud that the voice whimpered helplessly and I crawled to comfort my mate.

"WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO PUT MY MATE IN DANGER RIGHT NOW?!" he roared and birds flew out of trees.

"B-Bumblebee..." I whispered, wrapping myself around his leg. Suddenly all of his flaring rage simmered as he picked me up. 

"Shhh... Babydoll... No one is going to hurt you. I'll kill a third of the world's population and torture the rest before they get within a ten mile radius of you," he whispered lovingly in my ear, stroking my hair.

"W-Why are you so mad?"

He sighed. "After we fully mate the male kind of goes into protective overdrive, but alphas are a lot worse. That's why I sent everyone out of the house for a week, and told them to be on alert for a month after returning," he said, tucking some hair behind my hair.

I gasped, "why did you send them all out?!"

"I'll kill them."

I searched his eyes for joking or exaggerating, but he was dead serious. "C-can't you just keep them in their rooms then?"

He growled lowly, "no. That's too close to you."

"Well where are they staying now?"

"In the woods."

"Bring them in!"

His eyes flared with rage as he growled in warning, "no."

"B-"

His body began to shake and his grip on me tightened to the point of pain as he roared, "MUST PROTECT MATE. YOU ARE MINE."

I whimpered under his overwhelming authority and bared my neck to him involuntarily. He sunk his teeth into the mark, and a feeling of intense closeness and understanding enveloped me. He calmed, his wolf instinctively craved the solice and reassurance that the mark provided. I stroked his hair as he cradled me gently but firmly.

He retracted his fangs and I cuddled into his neck. He carried us to the door, threw it open to reveal a whimpering man, and walked arrogantly to our room. He placed me softly on the bed and kissed me deeply with so much love I could feel the kiss in my heart.

"Stay here. I'll be right back."

"No, I don't want you to leav-"

"It's not safe. You're safe here."

"I'm safe with you."

He blinked and his eyes showed so much happiness from the trust I had in him.

"Just trust me, please."

I sighed. "Okay."

He gave me a small smile and a kiss on the forehead before he walked out of the room. Precisely four and a half seconds later I heard a tree fall down and screaming.