twenty -

The way y'all really enjoy
reading this story makes me happy
Thank u <33

"This is where he lives?" You look upon the current house Rengoku lives in and Shinobu nods her head, a smile evident on her lips as she walks pass you to knock on the door. You quickly follow in awe as you continue to look around.

"Is he rich?" You mindlessly asked, earning a light-hearted laugh from the girl. She takes the opportunity to knock on the door again, waiting for a response.

"You could say that." She shrugs. "His parents run a successful business." She glances back at you, noticing how curious and amazed you were by Rengoku's estate. She wouldn't blame you, the boy was kinda living a pretty lavish life.

"That's pretty cool." You reply as you stand by her side. You glance at the girl, feeling pretty nervous about all this, especially since you were going to be around new people.

Shinobu takes a quick glance at her phone. "Zenitsu says that Tanjiro and the others are here." She declares and before you could reply, you heard the door open to reveal the man himself.

"Welcome, ladies!" He says with a bright smile and you took a moment to look at him clearly. Rengoku was pretty average when it came to his height, but you admit he was pretty fit and strong. His hair similar to that of the color amber was tied back into a low bun with a couple red strands framing his face.

Shinobu glances over at you with a smirk, noticing how your eyes were all over Rengoku and she gently elbows you in attempts to snap you out of a trace. "Allowing your abs to breathe today, Ren?" She teases with a mischievous smile and the male laughs in response.

"Why not? It's a special occasion after all." He grins as his golden irises made contact with yours. He turns to you with a welcoming gaze, holding up his palm to send you a small wave.

"You must be [y/n]! I heard so much about you from Shinobu." He exclaims with a bright smile, stepping aside to allow you two in and you chuckle awkwardly upon hearing what he said.

"Really? What'd she tell you?" You ask, letting Shinobu head inside first and the girl looks back at you with a smug smile. You felt a cold chill slither down your spine, knowing that she had something planned. Rengoku lets out a hearty laugh as he closes the door behind him.

With a slight head tilt, he says, "Well, for starters, she wouldn't stop gawking about how gorgeous you are." He says with a playful smile and Shinobu looks back at him, a little surprised.

You giggle upon seeing her reaction. A faint pink tint blossoming on her face from the mild embarrassment of Rengoku exposing her.

"Ren. You would've done the same if you were in my shoes." She remarks and the other male simply chuckles with a dismissive head shake. His golden irises glancing towards you as he places his hands over his hips with a curious head tilt.

"Well, I don't have to be in your shoes to confirm that fact." The evident playfulness of his tone was practically teasing you and you couldn't help but turn to face him with a smirk.

"Confirm what?" You play dumb in hopes of having him fully repeat and explain what he
meant, and a coy smile reaches Rengoku's lips as he slowly closes the gap between the two of you. His eyes were attached to yours, not breaking contact, and you notice the mischievous glint swirling in his eyes.

A breathy chuckle slips pass his lips, fully aware on how you wanted him to be straightforward. However, he wasn't going to let you be satisfied so easily.