five -

"You were almost late today, Giyuu." Shinobu mentions with a innocent smile as she watches the quiet boy slips into the empty seat in front of her. Not sparing her a glance, Giyuu plants his elbow upon the smooth surface of his desk and sinks his cheek onto the palm of his hand, dark navy eyes fixated on the view outside.

The female behind him giggles and her cunning eyes still on him as she softly pokes his shoulder. Giyuu ignores her once again, his eyes slowly drifting back to the instructor lecturing about the syllabus. Shinobu leans forward on her desk, shifting most of her upper body weight onto her elbows as a sly smirk widens over her soft lips.

"One second too late, and you would've gotten detention, right Giyuu?" Her voice was soft yet there was a underlying tone of teasing, disguised as a innocent question. The boy simply shrugs, unfazed by her words.

"Why does that matter?" He mumbles in a monotone voice with a solemn yet bored expression on his face, and the female smiles softly as her eyes trail up towards her instructor, who was occupied with the lecture. There was a reason why she was pestering her friend, and that reason was named Zenitsu Agatsuma.

The blond haired student mentioned [y/n]'s little crush on Giyuu, and they both conjured up a plan on how to get them together. Shinobu can proudly say that she's a matchmaker.

Shinobu shrugs her shoulders, "Just wondering—hey, when are you going to introduce me to your new little friend?" Her eyes flicker between Giyuu's face and her instructor, as she puckers her lips in curiosity. Giyuu raises an eyebrow in confusion as he turns to look at her.

"What friend?"

"[y/n]! Duh." She spots a frown etched on Giyuu's face as he swiftly turns around to avoid looking at her. "She's not my friend."

"Sure, sure. That's what they all say."

Giyuu grunts, ending the conversation and Shinobu smirks as she quietly sneaks out her phone beneath her desk, viewing a new message from Zenitsu.

ZENITSU🍼:
[y/n] got detention >:)

ZENITSU🍼:
Make sure Giyuu gets
detention too 🙈🙈

SHINOBU:
I was literally
thinking that😳😳

Slipping her phone back into the pockets of her uniform, Shinobu draws in a deep breath and proceeds to bother her friend once again. With a sharp poke to the shoulder, Giyuu swiftly turns to her with a deep scowl etched on his face.

"Shinobu." The boy quietly snaps.

The dark haired girl giggles as her slender finger begins to twirl and play with the highlighted ends of her locks, a devious smile resting upon her lips. Giyuu felt a chill tickle his spine as he raises an eyebrow in skepticism. He had a feeling that the girl was up to something.

"Hey, can you check your phone for the time?" The girl fakes a pout, feeling hopeful that this would work. Giyuu tilts his head in utter confusion, knowing that Shinobu has her phone on her; how else would she text him.

The boy blinks slowly, "don't you have your—"

Shinobu cuts him off with a sad look, "it's dead." She simply replies, waiting for the boy to take the bait. Giyuu narrows his eyes at her, not believing her excuse. He knew her very well, being friends with Shinobu since he was a kid had its perks. This was just one of them.

"You're lying."

Shinobu softly scoffs, taking offense. "I would never!" She exclaims, shooting him a fake glare and the boy sighs exasperatedly as he pulls out his phone from his front pocket to view the time. Upon doing so, Shinobu's hand shot up into the air as she calls for her teacher's attention. Her instructor raises an eyebrow in curiosity as they acknowledge the girl, who takes a quick glance at Giyuu.

"Giyuu is using his phone!"

Now, Shinobu isn't one to snitch when it came to stuff like this, but she was one matchmaker duty and she swore to get Giyuu and [y/n] together. Even if it meant getting her friend in trouble. The teacher sends the dark haired boy a hardened scowl as they begin to scold him.

"Giyuu, it's only the first week and you're already violating school policy."

Taken back with what was happening, Giyuu's eyes widen in surprise with his phone in his hand. He felt his other classmates stare at him, some were whispering and giggling at the commotion. The boy felt his face get hot, his shocked expression not leaving his face.

"Wait, I-" he was quickly shut down by his instructor, who gestures him to zip his lips.

"No excuses, young man. Looks like you'll be receiving detention!" His instructor was evidently irritated and upset about Giyuu breaking school policy, and they glare at the raven haired boy who had a frown plastered on his face. Embarrassed, Giyuu simply kept quiet as he slips his phone back into his pocket with Shinobu giggling behind him.

"Giyuuuuuu!" Shinobu whispers to him, dragging out the vowels in his name and the male simply ignores her with a feeling of annoyance bubbling up in his body. The girl behind him realizes that he was ignoring her, and she shrugs as she leans into his ear to say one last thing.

"I know you're mad at me now, but you'll thank me later."