forty five -

i always come back 😈

While you were waiting with Rengoku for the others to arrive, you quickly notice how chaotic and boisterous this entire event was. It wasn't any different than those stereotypical parties that are shown in any sort of entertainment media.

It was like the hosts of this party invited the entire town to join in. There was loud, crude music blasting from every corner, and it was practically unbearable and unpleasant whilst trying to make conversation. It was rowdy and crowded, easy to lose someone within the dense multitude of people.

You made sure to stay away from the crowd that seemed to be dancing along with the music, you didn't want to get lost in a stranger's house after all.

And the number of adult beverages that were being offered and handed out was no surprise, it was a high school party. What would anyone expect.

You were just glad you didn't bump into Douma or Muzan, especially after hearing stories about those two. Eventually, the rest of your friends showed up and you guys greeted one another other as if it was a reunion after not seeing each other for so long.

Uzui and Sanemi were still high, and they were quick to ditch the group and join the crowd of people raving outside with the music. You watch as they both shuffle outside and listen to Mitsuri scold them in defeat.

"Don't you think someone should keep an eye on them?" Rengoku points out with a slightly concerned expression as he motions towards the two idiots outside. Shinobu scoffs and retorts, "They're making themselves look like the main event, they'll have everyone watch them. Don't worry."

Mitsuri shrugs, still feeling uncertain. "That's not very reassuring." She pouts to which Rengoku immediately catches on and suggests watching over them for the time being. Mitsuri sighs in slight relief and turns to the rest of the group that was still hanging around. Obanai snakes an arm around her waist, loosely tugging her close to him.

You watch with a soft, endearing smile at the gesture. Surely, he just wanted his beloved girlfriend to feel reassured and comfortable, but Shinobu thought otherwise.

With a sarcastic snort, she smiles smugly. "If Uzui were here, he'd say you're being insecure."

Obanai was quick to retort. "Didn't know you were so far up his ass to even care." His tone was sharp as he narrows his eyes at her with malicious intent. The reaction earned a small snort from you as you subtly avoid your gaze away from the banter that was stirring amongst them.

Shinobu takes no offense to his snarky comment and simply hums, almost amused by his reaction. "You didn't deny it though." she points out with an insincere smile, watching as Obanai's glare hardens on her.

Before Obanai could reply with another crude response, Mitsuri interrupts them with a nervous grin. "I'm sure he's just looking out for me." Her attempts of reassurance were evident as her eyes quickly search for a change in subject. Anything. Anyone.

You open your mouth to say something to help her out, only for Giyuu to beat you to it.

"So, like a guard dog?" His tone was flat, and his delivery was curt, as if it was his intention to further insult Obanai. You didn't even realize how close Giyuu was standing next to you due to the overwhelming amount of stimulation that was going on around you. With wide eyes, you meet his gaze with surprise prominent on your face.

His dry remark earns a small chuckle from Shinobu, who fails to hide her unwavering smile and she casts her eyes towards Obanai to watch his reaction.