forty seven -

ok time to
jump back into it

"[Y/n]?" A familiar voice calls out and you immediately look to see Giyuu standing in front of you and Douma, clearly alarmed and worried about your circumstance. Douma laughs out loud, finding this situation to be amusing.

"Is that Giyuu?"

"Get your hands off of her." Giyuu didn't hesitate to speak up, his voice stern and sharp as he quickly saunters towards Douma. Giyuu clearly did not care whether or not Douma knew him. He only cared about your wellbeing right now.

"Hm?" Douma hums with a smirk curling on his lips. "Why are you getting so worked up? don't tell me this is your girlfriend, that makes so much sense." He sneers sarcastically, suddenly complying with Giyuu and releasing you from his grasp. Immediately, you step away from Douma and retreat to Giyuu's side.

You shift your eyes towards Giyuu's face, his expression tense and deep with hostility. You never seen him this bothered before, but it seemed like Douma had a tendency to bring out the worse in people without difficulty.

Giyuu's lips twitch slightly, deepening his frown at Douma's obvious intention of trying to agitate him further. "What is that supposed to mean?" He narrows his eyes, directing his glare at Douma who giggles mockingly.

"It means exactly what it means. You're usually not the type to make such a big fuss over something so trivial as this." He taunts with a smug smile plastered on his face. With a harsh scoff, Giyuu rolls his eyes at the dismissive comment. This situation was not trivial despite Douma trying to downplay what he's been doing. "What exactly was so trivial about you putting your hands on her?" There was a slight hint of agitation in his stern tone, not taking the situation lightly.

Douma shrugs his shoulders carelessly, finding humor in Giyuu's anger that was slowly bubbling over his skin. "I was just trying to see if the rumors were true. Y'know? the ones that mentioned her being easy." He enunciates the last couple of words and slowly shifts his eyes from Giyuu towards you. The sensation of embarrassment washed over you and you lower your gaze to the ground, suddenly feeling out of place.

Giyuu's eyes quickly follow Douma's gaze, noticing how his stare was practically predatory, hollow, and vicious. What was he trying to gain here? The dark-haired male also noticed how flustered you were getting from listening to this. What type of crazy, baseless rumors did people come up with about you?

They were just rumors, after all. Though, some rumors stick around longer than others. A distasteful rumor like that would definitely tarnish how people viewed you, not that you cared.

Well, a part of you did, and it's only natural that you did.

"You-"

Douma was quick to cut off Giyuu from saying anything. "What? don't you think that hickey on your neck proves my point?" He snorts sarcastically with a lazy, menacing grin as he points a finger to the other male's neck.

You quickly snap your eyes towards the blemish you left on Giyuu's skin a couple days ago, when you two first kissed and fully made out. You completely forgot about that. You watch as he places a palm over the obvious mark on his neck. Giyuu mentally cursed at himself for forgetting something so drastic. He clenches his jaw tightly, not muttering a word with a harsh glare etched on his face.

If looks could kill, Douma would drop dead.

You decide it was time to leave. There was no point in trying to engage with someone who clearly got off on negative emotions. "Let's go, Giyuu." You murmur, reaching to gently grasp his hand in hopes he would comply. With a deep sigh, Giyuu shakes his head and reciprocates the gesture.