thirty -

Triple update
enjoy!! 👍

"[Y/n]."

Upon hearing your name from a familiar voice, you glance over to see Giyuu. A small smile reached your lips as you sent him a gentle wave. He was sitting on a bench located under the shade of a willow tree, seeming to be waiting for someone.

"Hey, Giyuu!" You happily approach him, and he scoots over for you to sit besides him. His palm gently patting the empty spot next to him with a slightly timid look on his face.

"Were you waiting for me?" You inquire with a smug little look and he avoids your gaze, not wanting to give you the satisfaction of you teasing him.

"No, you just happened to be nearby." He remarks quickly, glancing over to see you faintly let out a small giggle. The playful smile on your face making him wonder if you really enjoyed being around him so much.

"You're funny in a weird way, Giyuu." You finally sit down next to him, making sure not to invade his personal bubble and he hums. His eyes watch as you adjust yourself into a comfortable position with your body slightly facing towards him.

He raises his eyebrow at your questionable compliment. "What is that supposed to mean?" He allowed his voice to drop a bit in hopes of scaring you and you couldn't help but laugh at his obvious attempt.

"You're going to have to try a little harder than that if you want to scare me, and I meant it in a good way." You reply, your eyes focused on the water fountain proudly sitting in the center of the courtyard with a couple of students sitting around the ledge.

He scoffs softly, casually shrugging his shoulders as he glances at you. "Probably because your sense of humor is starting to rub off on me." He remarks sharply, watching you suddenly perk up at his comment.

"Good, that way you'll finally understand my jokes." You smirk proudly, relaxing your shoulders a bit as you lean back to rest against the back rest of the bench. You decide to dip your head back a bit and close your eyes in hopes of getting a quick minute nap in, due to how late you stayed up the night before.

Giyuu notices your subtle tiredness and how you tried to hide it. However, it was so obvious that you were feeling sleepy, especially after the early morning session of classes. Unfortunately, it's barely lunch and you still had half the day left to deal with. You felt your stomach gripping at you from the hunger and wondered what was taking the others so long to get food.

Nonetheless, Giyuu felt bad for keeping you up so late. "[y/n], you look so tired. I'm sorry for making you stay up so late last night." He sounded sincere and you brought your head back up to look at him with a small grin.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Giyuu. I stay up late all the time, so this is nothing new." You brushed it off in hopes of reassuring him and his concerns. "Plus, staying up with you was fun! We should have a sleepover one day." You yawn a bit before glancing at his face to see his expression.

A look of hesitation was evident on his face, "Just the two of us or-"

You cut him off with a smug smile. "Well, yeah. You don't have a problem with that, right? I don't mind being alone with you." You casually reply, watching as his face slowly grows red. A slightly flustered look plastered on his features as he clears his throat and avoids your gaze.

"Don't say such things so carelessly, it'll be troublesome."

"How come? Is there something on your mind that's bothering you?" You decided to play dumb, attempting to have him admit what's on his mind about you. It was becoming increasingly obvious how you slowly had him wrapped around your finger and you found it amusing in a way. A menacing, coy smile spreads over your face as Giyuu silently clicks his tongue in slight irritation.