thirty seven -

Upon watching Giyuu being backed into a corner by the makeshift hairy beast, you quickly reacted and head towards him to help. The look of confused fear on his face almost seemed permanent as he tried to think of a way to escape.

If Giyuu was being honest, he didn't understand why he agreed to come when he absolutely hated anything horror related. He wasn't built to withstand it.

You hastily approach him and tightly grasped his hand, moving past the large beast and ducking back into the small, quiet hall. Despite moving hastily in the darkness, you stumble over something and fall with Giyuu.

Giyuu could tell it was you by the touch of your hand, it was something he was familiar with. He topples onto you, his torso stiffening as he hears the beast lurking nearby.

"Giyuu..!"

"Shh." He immediately moves his body over yours to shield you away from the beast. You could feel his hair tickling your face and your chest pressed up against his. Giyuu was focused on staying quiet and listening to make sure the beast was gone.

He listened as the heavy footsteps and deep growls of the beast slowly thins away in the air and he lets out the biggest sigh of relief. Without thinking, he gently connects his forehead with yours. He was tired and the adrenaline in his blood was dissipating.

"I'm sorry."

"Giyuu.."

It was quiet for a second as you allowed yourself to enjoy this small intimate moment. You reluctantly wrap your arms around his torso to comfort him as he slowly catches his breath and calms down.

Giyuu swallows hard as he moves his eyes down towards yours. The dimmed lighting casting a bit of brightness down on the two of you. He moves and readjusts himself so that his arms were resting on both sides of your head.

"Giyuu, it's a little dark. I can't see your pretty face." You decided to break the silence with a lighthearted joke, making Giyuu scoff in response.

"Despite our situation, you always seem to find a way to tease me."

"I can't help it, you're very tempting." You smile humorously. Your hands gently grasping his face as you move some of his hair out of the way. Your thumb accidentally brushing against his nose.

"Is that so? You're-" he suddenly winces at your touch and you realize he must've hurt himself in the process of trying to escape. A small gasp leaves your lips as you retract your hands away with a worried look.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

With a small groan, Giyuu slowly gets up on his knees and makes sure he wasn't crushing you in the process. You felt an immense pressure suddenly leave your body and you grew a little cold due to the lack of extra body heat.

You instantly get up to sit on your knees as you grab your phone from your pocket to turn on the flashlight. Giyuu glances at the faint brightness of your screen and realizes what you were trying to do.

"[y/n], wait-" the sudden luminous flash almost blinded Giyuu as he grimaced and turned his head to avoid the harsh lightning. You readjust the flashlight's setting and angled it away from his face.

The soft lighting emitting from your phone was just enough for you to see Giyuu's face. Despite his face avoiding your gaze, you could see a bit of blood smeared from his nose and a gentle gasp leaves your lips as you use your free hand to grasp his chin.

"Giyuu, what happened? Who hurt you?" Your voice was laced with worry. You couldn't help but feel angry at whoever did this, whether it was intentional or not.