Chapter 21. Part 2

I awoke to someone shaking me lightly and singing.

" Kenzie Diaz wake upppp we have thirty minutes to get to the all valleyyy"

" she's a really heavy sleeper" I could recognize that was Aisha's voice, but the person who was singing to me had a really nice voice but it wasn't Eli's

" yeah ya think?" Oh that's definitely Demetri I could hear that sarcastic tone anywhere.

" alright alright I'm up" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

"Get ready kens we gotta be there in thirty minutes" Miguel said as he threw me fresh clothes.

I was about to take my shirt off when I noticed hawk, Demetri and Aisha were still in my room all looking at me.

" guys. Go" I said as I motioned to the door. They got the memo and almost ran to the door, which made me chuckle.

I pulled on the black leggings and the green gray and blue sweater which is I'm assuming Miguel's. I love Miguel's sweaters they are so comfortable. I noticed I smelled a little bad due to lack of energy to not shower.

Great. The karate tournaments in an hour and I'm a goddamn mess.

I put deodorant and lots and lots of perfume on hoping it would cover up some of it. Once we get back tonight I seriously have to take a very long shower. I put my gi in a backpack along with other essentials like pads incase i get my period because it seems that the worse things have been happening to me lately. I'm not going to put any makeup on seeming as if I'll most likely sweat I don't want it to get ruined. So I wiped the rest of the makeup that I had the night before off and pulled my hair up. I don't think any of them has seen me without makeup except for Miguel.

I walked out the door carrying my backpack with both arms as I greeted my mom and yaya.

" hi momma how was work?" I said to her grabbing an apple from Miguel's plate as the others sat around the table.

" same as it always is. Chaotic" she replied back giving me a kiss on the forehead.

" how did you sleep" she said with that concerning mother look.

" I slept fine but I'm still a little bit exhausted" i said as I took a bite from my apple.

" yeah well that's what happens when you spend all night crying over a g-" she stopped her sentence when she saw me and Miguel with wide eyes. So she tried to find another topic to talk about.

" you'll drive them and I'll dive me and yaya is that alright?" She asked as if I was going to say no.

" yeah momma thats fine you know that" I replied back with a soft smile, as she placed another kiss on my forehead.

" you got everything? Water? Extra clothes? Tampons?"

" mom!"

" what! It's a natural thing" she snapped back.

Yeah I know it is but you don't gotta talk about it out loud when there's three TEENAGE boys present.

I looked over at the group of friends who were watching the scene between me and my mother unfold " you guys ready?" . They all nodded their heads and grabbed their backpacks.

" let's hit the road Jack" I said as I grabbed my lanyard that had my car keys on them from the counter.

I turned my key in the ignition and put my aux cord into my phone.