Chapter 7

Emma was awakened by the sound of the alarm clock. She groaned from the hangover. Her head was dizzy, her stomach was a little sick. The alarm clock was still ringing, making her head even more dizzy. Emma felt her bedside table trying to find her cellphone. After getting her phone, Emma turned off the alarm. It was 7.30 in the morning.

'Arrgh.. My head hurts. ' moaned Emma. 'I feel lazy to wake up but my head hurts.' Forcing her own body to move, Emma got out of bed. Limping, Emma headed for the bathroom. She washed her face in cold water then changed into leggings, tank top, and windbreaker jacket. Feeling more refreshed, Emma walked out to Susan's room.

Before Emma could knock on the door, Susan screamed and a man's growl could be heard faintly.

"Ah .. yes .. yes! Harder! Faster! Ah .. Ah .."

"Eww !!" Emma closed her ears automatically and shuddered. Emma slowly stepped back. Arriving at the end of the stairs, she ran down the stairs.

Emma found a first aid box in the kitchen. She took 2 aspirin tablets quickly. She remembered what happened last night. After being forced to drink the second glass, Emma was already dizzy and she was already starting to be dazed. She doesn't remember how she ended up in Susan's apartment. After taking a few breaths, Emma headed for the front door. She put on Susan's running shoes and decided to go jogging. 'it's crazy. Instead of meeting Susan with that guy, let's run, '  Emma thought.

After closing the door, Emma took out her cellphone. "I'm out. Jogging around the park then I'll find myself a luxury breakfast. P.S You're loud. Don't forget the pill, hon .." Emma muttered as she typed a message. "And then, send!" Emma giggled. "Oh, God. I'm still drunk." Emma shook her head and started jogging toward the garden.

******

After running a lap around the park, Emma sat on one of the park benches. She chose to sit in front of the playground. Paying attention to the children who were playing happily gave peace in Emma's heart. In her past life, she had cancer in her womb. Even if it wasn't in the late stage, her chance to have a child was slim. At the same time, she found out that her fiance was cheating with his co-worker. She got depressed.

Later, Emma broke up with her fiance and then began her chemotherapy. It took a toll on her body. On one bright Saturday, she decided to take a break. She cleaned up her whole apartment. While cleaning, she tried to erase her muddled thinking. When she was done, she realized that the refrigerator was empty. Emma took her purse and went to the nearest supermarket. There, she bought whatever she wanted to buy, especially the food. After paying for the groceries, Emma realized that she couldn't bring all of them. Finally Emma called a taxi to go home. On the way home, Emma only remembered the sudden braking of the taxi and her body was thrown forward. Then a loud crash sounded. Her vision was blurry and gradually her consciousness began to fade. When she woke up, she was here.

Emma sighed. Living here was like she got a second chance in life with rules. Living in someone else's body, she shouldn't stray too much from the real Emma Clarke trait. As time went on she could become herself. However, one thing Emma definitely wants to do in this world was to have children since she can't do that in her last life.

"Mamaa !! Mamaaaa."

Emma gasped in surprise. She looked right and left for the source of the voice that was calling her. From a distance she saw Kayden running towards her.

"Woooah .. woaah .. Don't run!" Emma got up and jogged over to Kayden. When Kayden almost grabbed Emma, ​​he stumbled. Emma catched Kayden before he fell to the ground. "Oopss!" Emma groaned softly. Both of them nearly rolled on the ground.

"Kay, next time, please, don't run. What if you fall and I can't catch you? " Emma scolded him.

"Okay." Kayden nodded his head. He grinned happily.