Chapter 5

Ashton was reading the document he had to sign when his secretary, Noah Woods, knocked on the door of the room.

"Come in." Ashton said. A young man wearing a brown suit came. He looked around 27 years old. His hair was blonde and his eyes were deep blue. He looked neat with his glasses. "Did you bring it?"

"Yes. This is information about Connor Miller and his wife." Noah handed over two file folders to Ashton. "And one of them contains information about Emma Clarke."

"Thanks." Ashton first opened information about Connor Miller. "Did you find out about Kayden's mama?"

"Kayden's mama?" Noah was confused. "You mean, Kim Duncan?"

"No. The woman who helped Kayden yesterday."

"Yes. She was Emma Clarke. I got all the CCTV footage in front of the toilet and in the lobby. You can check it now." Noah handed over the CCTV recordings to Ashton.

"Did you know why Kayden called her mama?"

"From Gabrielle's statement, Miss Clarke did not deny when Gabrielle and her friend accused Kayden of being Emma's child. Emma even mentioned  Kayden as her son when he was going to change Kayden's clothes and asked them to leave."

"Gabrielle?"

"Woman with red hair. One of the Secretariat staff." Noah realized that not everyone knew Kayden was Ashton's son. The staff didn't even know, only the closest employees like him and his two assistants. Every time Kayden came, Noah always carried him to the office so the staff thought Kayden was Noah's nephew. Ashton had never published Kayden and Kayden's mother, Kim Duncan. Kim Duncan was Ashton's fiance. Before they were married, Kim conceived Kayden. Kim died a week after giving birth to Kayden. Since then, Ashton had been a cold and cruel man. He only focused on Kayden and his company. Even so, there were still many women who were crazy about him.

"I see." Ashton nodded. "Back to your work now."

Noah nodded then turned toward the door. After the door closed, Ashton opened the information file about Emma Clarke.

Ashton watched the CCTV footage given by Noah. Ashton paid close attention to Emma's attitude towards Kayden. Emma looks gentle and experienced in dealing with young children. Emma did not seem to be pretending.

She is an orphan and has long lived in an orphanage. That's why she is good with kids. ' Ashton smiled a little.

He also noticed the expression of Kayden who had been recorded on CCTV. He smiled broadly. Kayden never smiled broadly at an adult woman besides his grandmother and his nanny. Kayden had never kissed another woman. Ashton remembered, after they returned home that day, Kayden never stopped mentioning his experiences meeting mama.

"Daddy, Kayden met Mama. Mama is very beautiful and kind." Said Kayden.

"Mama? Kayden's Mama is up there with God." Ashton answered. His heart felt sad to see his son miss his mother until he had the fantasy of meeting his mother.

"Not mama angel. Mama who just met Kayden bought a shirt and pants and shoes."

"Why did she buy you clothes and shoes?" Ashton frowned. Kayden blushed and looked down. "Kayden?"

"Papa promise you won't be angry?" Kayden asked. He glanced at his father and then looked down again.

"All right. Papa promised." Ashton answered. He held out his pinky finger.

Kayden hooked his pinky finger then swung it slowly. After their fingers came off. Kayden swallowed his tongue then said softly. "Kayden wet himself in front of the toilet."