chapter 19

Continues from where my other account left off
~~~~~~

In the dining room all of the other family members were seated and talking. Hypnos was argueing with Violetta while Aria tried to have a discussion with their father who is what you would refer to as a man with few words. Not that he didn't enjoy her talking or else he would've told her to be silent. Thanatos's father sat at the end of the table with Hypnos to his right and Aria to his left, the twins would sit next to Aria while you and Thanatos would sit beside Violetta who was right beside Hypnos and finally grandma was next to you at the other end of the table to your right.

Your father in-law made it very clear to sit in these positions with the only real reason being because he said so. You had finally sat down in your spot after greeting those in the room good morning only receiving a response from the girls. It wasn't too long for the twins to walk in and receive a lecture for the noise they had made. Finally Thanatos who was escorting his grandmother on his arm walked into the room guiding her to her seat. Thanatos before sitting down have you a kiss on the head.

It was 7am on the dot by the time everyone had sat down and maids came in carrying food. Along with the seating arrangement there were a few other rules such as no talking till one person has finished eating, if you didn't like a conversation you could pull a weapon of as a warning but only knives, and no talking about business at the table although you were pretty sure that last one was grandma's. So quietly Thanatos informed you that he, his father, and eldest brother would have a business meeting after breakfast. Luckily you had already made plans to play dress up with Aria.

During breakfast the main conversation was about the eldest twos love lives. Although sprouting their father didn't want them to be alone the rest of their lives. You understood why especially in their line of work he felt this way. Even more so considering he lost his wife and one of his children but of course that was never brought up.

"I'm just saying if you guys want to take over you need someone to keep your head on your shoulders and I mean that figuratively and literally. Look at your brother he's younger than you two and already has his wife keeping him in check" although your father in-law didn't like you he couldn't deny that since Thanatos had met you their business had been going better. "You also forget she's a civilian and the only thing she does is keto that hothead under control" after that statement you had to hold Thanatos's hand under the table to stop him from attacking Hypnos.

"Don't be mean to bug sister Y/n" Aria was across the table so you had no way to inform her that it was alright so she wouldn't get upset. "Aria you aren't in this conversation so keep quiet until the grownups are done" Aria got her feeling's hurt but since she couldn't leave the table she stayed silent looking at the floor. "like I was saying a civilian shouldn't even be in the family, just because she keeps Thanatos in line doesn't mean she isn't dead weight at most she'll be a human shelf or a first wife. She wouldn't make it for a day in our shoes" at that point you were to mad to hear anymore from Hypnos without getting up you grabbed the big kitchen knife that was used to cut ham and threw it right past Hypnos's face which made the room fall silent."say one more word about my wife and I'll feed you to the dogs" Thanatos knew just how much it takes for you to get mad and how much you were restraining yourself for his sake. But he himself had already passed the point of wanting to gut his brother for those words only holding himself back to not waste your efforts.

With tension so thick the knife barely cut it gets grandmother coughed loudly " now now we do not talk ill of our family here not do we pass off responsibility because you don't get your way" though she said it while smiling you could tell she's was probably the angriest person in the room. "The way I see it you and your sister have duties as the eldest to be role models yet here we are and your younger brother he's gotten father in life than you have. Your in your thirties for pete's sake act like it at this rate the whole business will go to him so called civilian wife or not" breakfast remained writer after that.

Once you had all concluded your meals you and Aria went upstairs to her room while the others went along with their business on your way up the stairs grandma volunteered to join you both which Aria happily excepted. After a few hours of playing grandmother had to leave to take her meds and rest. As Soon as she did Aria started talking " I'm sorry I couldn't do anything this morning big sis" you could see she was still hung up about this morning "you didn't do anything wrong Aria I'm thankful you spoke out for me" she looked happier by the second "when I'm older I'll make sure to protect you since no matter what your family ok!" You nodded in agreement after that emotional rollercoaster she asks to go to bed after saying your goodnights and tucking her in you silently head off.

Afterwards you meet up with Thanatos and went to bed after taking about the rest of your day both of you going the rest of the visit would be less cutthroat.

~~~~~~~~
1000 words enjoy
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤