Chapter 37

Here you are in a room full of people who look like they are ready to stab each other. See it wouldn't be so bad if your families had occupations that weren't so similar. The Italian mob is very well known and your father's assassination agency is mainly based in Russia.

Meaning we mostly did jobs for the Russian or American mobs. Which makes us a prime suspect for disappearing influential people since we were that good. So in other words our relationship to other mobs that we didn't do business with wasn't to good since we killed and were good at it

"Considering the circumstances I'm sure there are no hard feelings. After all business is business" your father or better known Mishka said.

"Of course, we're family now I'm sure there will some changes for both of our businesses now" your father in-law smirked at this statement. Because of your union with Thanatos you marriage was now an unsaid alliance so any hits against his family will be denied and reported. Warfare of the mind is a scary thing in the mob or even high society in general.

"Of course I'm sure we will both be pleased after all give and take is a given" although they were smiling it looked intimidating. "Mishka no threatening you have to be good"  as keen as ever Lucius interviened. "Sorry little cub"  your father pat his head and went back to sit on the couch. Lucius turning his attention to your father in law.

"Lucius this is my father your grandpa"

Looking back and forth between his father and grandpa taking in the lack of resemblance.

(Thanatos and aria look like their late mother while hypnos, violetta, and the twins look like their father)

"Poppy you should smile more your face will get stuck in a frown. Mama taught me that it's better to smile and not mean it than it is to frown and get myself upset" from across the room you could hear snickering from the couch. "I'll keep that in mind." Attempting a smile he left to talk to grandma.

Thanatos's father despite having six kids wasn't very good with children so it was obvious he wasn't very comfortable. Even among the chaos one thing your father in law didn't forget was confronting his mother.

"You senile old woman what do you think your doing without telling anyone?!"

"Living my life I don't have much of it left and everytime you nag I feel it get shorter ungrateful son" grandma wasn't dealing with his shit

"What if something happened to you?"

"You act as though I never lived a day without you boy, I was alive before you were conceived and doing just fine if you must know"

His heavy sigh was heard throughout the room. Meanwhile all of Lucius' aunt's and uncles were getting to know each other hypnos excluded.

After awhile Shaun had arrived and made himself comfy oddly enough he was hitting off with hypnos and getting along well which was a bizarre experience but it was probably due to their love of time efficiency

Elaine and Levi were having a blast with the twins while Ana and Sergei we're talking to violetta and from afar it looked as if violetta was keen on scrawny little Sergei. You made your way to the kitchen to start cook prepping.

Lucius decided his birthday meal would be dino nuggets and spaghetti. You offered something more intricate but he decided against it so the least you could do with the time you had was make the spaghetti sauce by hand.

The cake had been finished the night before by grandma luckily so your worries had lessened. The commotion of a busy house was evident and pleasing to hear with everyone around. After awhile Thanatos's father walked in.

"Daughter."

...
...

"...yes father?"

"Do you have it "

"Don't worry I still have it I'll leave it in your room after the party no one knows the contents other than me and you"

Right after that grandma walked in

"Your husband sent me to keep you company while he's busy watching lion king for the fiftyith time with your father.... Now move over and let me help"

"Aye aye captain" scooching over grandma joins me in cooking as my father in law leaves the room.

(Small time skip)

Dinner time had finally arrived and although presentation was underwhelming overall everyone was pretty content especially little Lucius since he was having an absolute blast with his birthday

"Isn't this going well tigress?"

"Surprisingly yeah, y'know if you ignore the death glares"

"It'll stop by tomorrow hopefully" Thanatos had tried to remain optimistic

So far everything was going all to plan and all that was left was cake and presents. Lucius had always liked the party more than the gifts since he was the center of attention but he seemed more eager this time around with so much family around.

"Psst psst, mama" you hear a small whisper from your left looking down at Lucius he continues "is it present time ??". "not yet my cub cake first grandma worked really hard on it" he nodded in response "can't wait she looks like she makes good sweets"

I doubt anyone would ever say something like that about a lady with a gun cane but you'll take that as childhood innocence. Soon the party will really begin

????pov
~~~~~~~~~
"Everything ready?" The figure sitting in a dark room said

"Yes sir in two days time"

"Good it'll be nice to say hello to new friends"

~~~~~~~~~
930 words enjoy!