Chapter 38

Since grandma wouldn't let anyone see the cake it was a surprise to see a two tiered cake with animals on it. "When on earth did she have the time to make all of this" whispering in Thanatos's ear so he could ear over the excitement of the cake. "She's a magical old lady what else can I say" he whispered back into your ear but stayed for a bit making you embarrassed.

Backing away everyone surrounding the birthday boy as he excitedly looked at his cake. Singing happy birthday was a little odd since almost everyone sang it differently but Lucius was still thrilled. " Make a wish little cub" he decided to be silly making a few serious thinking faces before he blew out the candles.

Then began the unspoken glaring over who got to cut the families youngest cake. "As his grandfather it's only right I should" Mishka was making. Head way in this discussion "i am his grandfather just as much as you" it was shocking to see your father in law argue over something so silly . "Oh enough you old fools it's the parents job to cut the cake while the old people sit and enjoy the party" grandma to the rescue as always.

You let Thanatos cut Lucius's piece as you cut the rest for everyone else. Typically the birthday child would cut the first slice but keeping Lucius away from weapons seemed like a good idea.

The clattering of dishes and small talk was once again heard. Violetta was asking Sergei about his likes while the twins were plotting with Elise and Ana. Hypnos and Shaun had been venting about how bothersome everyone is when it comes to work. And aria was discussing baking with grandma .

"I'm stuffed" looking over beside you you catch sight of your now five year old with a face covered in frosting. "Too stuffed for presents I bet, such a shame" putting on a very convincing act of you say so for yourself. He shot straight up in his chair " I'm good I could have more If I wanted too but I know mommy would like me to share  " he was being very convincing "I don't know it is quite late" dragging on your words to add suspense .

He looked pitiful as he desperately looked for an excuse till he turned and saw Thanatos who had been watching you tease him this whole time "papa tell mama something I know how much you wanted to see my presents" "weeellll I suppose I have wanted to see them is that ok tigress?" "Pretty please mama"

"Alright you've warned me down now that everyone is finished it's present time let's head to the living room" with a fake sigh you head to the living room everyone trailing behind as you got the gifts ready

To sum it up Mishka got him a bear onesie for bed and a bear stuffed animal that had his voice in it.

Aria got Lucius animal kingdom books and some movies

Violetta got him some formal clothes for him to wear which was adorable

The twins joined in with some nerf guns since they were forbidden from getting him a real one

Hypnos got him a child smartwatch which oddly enough was already set up with everyone's phone number and a lion wallpaper

Shaun got him a piggy bank with some money to start him off. Which he was very excited about having his own pocket money

Grandma got him some fingerpaints and a shirt that would match with her saying amazing great grandson

Your father in law got him learning equipment along with a journal

Elise got him a kitchen set since he likes to help cook

And so on and so forth

Finally it was Thanatos and your turn
Handing him a box he opened it to see cat treats and cat bed. "Wait does this mean!" Just as he was about to get up you stopped him

"wait there's more" handing him another box he opened it to find dog treats and a leash. This seemed to have confused him at first. "Kitty and a puppy?! Where?!"

Thanatos came in to the room with two pet boxes one containing a golden  kitten and the other containing a doberman puppy. He was nervous at first but began to love in them "I know we said only one pet but we couldn't help ourselves, the dog will have to be trained so he can protect you but otherwise they are all yours" nodding vigorously he became absorbed in his new family members.

Grandma interrupted "so what are their names ?"

"The kitty will be lion and the puppy will be panther" he beamed

~~~~~~~~~
Ah yes children with poor naming taste you gotta love it .
800 words in total and next part will be a little more serious so enjoy<3