Chapter 25 - Girl Talk

Ella's POV

As I walked into that house, I immediately started looking for Vicky, my favorite cousin and one of the only people there that I could stand.

I spot her talking to Ben and Jake, my other cousins, along with some girl I haven't seen before.

"Hey guys" I say to them as approach their group.

"Hi Ella!!! I missed you so much" Vicky says as she gives me a hug.

"I missed you toooo" I tell her, hugging her back.

I notice the girl staring at me. She looks like she's also our age. Her brown eyes caught my attention. I should probably introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Ella, nice to meet you"

"Hi, I'm Megan, Ben's girlfriend. Nice to meet you too" She says. Oh I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

We all keep talking until lunch time. After we ate, I felt tired of hearing kids screaming and adults talking, so I suggest going outside and they all agree.

Now in my aunt's backyard, we're all seated on these small couches. Finally some peace. Ben and Vicky are talking, Jake's probably on tiktok because I can hear the sounds coming from his phone and Megan is on her phone too.

"Yo Ben, have you ever seen this Anna girl? She's so hot dude" Jake says, catching my attention.

"Who?" He shows him his phone. "Oh yeah I've seen her before, she hot as fuck" He says, not caring that his girlfriend is literally in front of him.

Vicky takes Ben's phone to see who they're talking about

"Oh I follow her. She's pretty" She says.

"Let me see" I say, grabbing the phone. What the hell. They're talking about Anna, like my Anna. Thought they were talking about some random tiktoker.

"Oh she's.." I was about to tell them the Just a House LA girls are my new neighbours but I'm cut mid sentence.

"I've heard she's bi" Ben says. They better not say shit.

"What? That's weird as fuck. Ew" Jake says. Here we fucking go. I'm ok with who I am but hearing this kind of shit makes my blood boil.

"Just shut up, that's not nice to say" Megan steps in, surprising me.

"Chill Megan" Ben says, pissing me off.

"Whatever" She says, and the boys carry on talking about some other random tiktok girls.

"I'm going to.." she shows me the juul in her pocket "Wanna join me?" She asks me.

"Yeah, let's go" I say.

"We're going to the bathroom, be right back" She says and we both get up.

As we walk away, I can hear the boys laughing about the fact that girls always go to the bathroom together. Idiots.

We go into the bathroom and she locks the door, supporting her back on it.

"I'm sorry about what Jake said" Woah, I didn't expect for her to say that. She knows I like girls? How?

"How did you know?" I ask her as she releases the smoke from her mouth.

"You had the same look on your face I had when I cared about assholes like Jake thought" She hits the juul again "Sorry, forgot he's your cousin"

"Fuck him" I say and laugh a little "So you're into girls too?"

"How could I not be?" She jokes. Honestly, this conversation is making me feel better. "Do you have a girlfriend?" She asks me.

I don't know. Do I?

"It's complicated" I tell her.

"How so?"

"I'm pretty sure we both like each other, but we can't be official until I come out to my parents, I guess" I sigh "She's the type of girl you want to show off, you know? I don't want her to climb my window. I want her to walk in through the front door"

"Wow, you really love her huh?" She says. I never said those words out loud, but on the inside I know they're true.

"Can I give you some advice?" Megan asks me, passing the juul. I hit it and nod a "yes" with my head.

"Don't let what other people think take your happiness away. If you love someone, act on it. We only live once after all" She says and it's so true.

"Thanks Megan" I say and we exit the bathroom, going back to the party. I guess coming here wasn't that bad after all.

My parents decide to stay for at least another hour, and since Vicky and Megan left I never wanted to go home more.

Ella: I'm so bored. Worst party ever I text Anna

Anna: I can pick you up like right now She texts me back

Ella: I wish, but my parents would kill me  Fuck, I really wanted to leave

Anna: :(

Ughhh this sucks. I spot my dad. He looks at me and smiles.

I think I've made a decision. I'm gonna tell him.