Chapter 44 - Ucla

Ella's POV

Ok, just breathe.

Yeah, today's the day. UCLA results will be out in like one hour and I'm freaking out. But I got this.

Ella: i think I'm gonna pass out

Megan: me too sos

I texted Megan like a hundred times today. Ever since we met at my aunt's birthday party we became really close. She also wants to go to UCLA so that's pretty much everything we've been talking about recently. I really hope she gets in too because we already agreed to share a dorm and I could use some friends there.

"Don't worry, you got this" My dad says, passing behind me, again. I'm sitting in the kitchen because he and my mom wanted to be with me when the results come up. "You're already in, worst case scenario you move to New York City"

Yeah, there's also that. NYU already accepted me but I really want to stay here, especially now that Anna and I are officially together.

Speaking of, I just got another text from her.

Anna: Come over after. We can celebrate. Or cry. Just know i'm here for you.

Ella: ty <3

I'm so nervous at the moment I can't even type properly.

Megan: one of my friends results are already up

What?! I thought I still had like 15 minutes to prepare. Guess the truth needs to be known at some time.

1.2.3. Refresh.

They're up.

As I click on the status update button, it's like the world stops.

Oh my fucking God.

I GOT IN.

There's no way this just happened. I got into my dream school. Everything is gonna work out. It's like every single thing I was worrying about disappears. I've never felt more relieved.

Megan: I GOT IN

Ella: ME TOO OMFG HI ROOMIE

Megan: OMGGGG

I'm so fucking happy right now.

"Congratulations Ella" Both of my parents say as they hug me.

"Now we can travel with no worries" My mom says.

"What? Travelling where?" I ask. I had no idea that was happening

"Me and your mom didn't want to tell you sooner because we knew you were nervous about the results but since you got in, there's nothing to worry about" He says "We're spending the weekend in Vegas"

They could've asked me to join them but okay I guess. I'm pretty sure I have something way better in mind.

"It's okay. Don't worry" I reply "When are you leaving?"

"In a few hours" My mom says and I nod.

Wait. I need to tell Anna. And Liv. And everyone.

"I'm going to Anna's" I say, opening the front door and leaving.

I ring the bell and it doesn't even take a second for someone to open the door for me.

"So..." I say in a low tone, just to play with her " I GOT IN"

"Oh my God" She says and hugs me instantly "Congrats!"

"Thank you babe" I say and give her a small kiss on the lip.

"You scared me for a second" She says.

"I know" I say, giggling.

"Ella congratulations!!!" Eva says, appearing in front of me. "What are we doing to celebrate it?"

"Speaking about that, I actually have something pretty great in mind"

And it's about to be big, trust me on that.