Chapter 53 - Nerves on edge, again

Ella's POV

I keep looking at Anna waiting for an answer. She can't just ignore me over some stupid argument.

Since she didn't reply to any of my texts, the only thing I could do is come over here. I know I made a scene at the party and I want to apologize for it. She also needs to know the things Mads said to me.

She's also looking at me, but not saying a word. Her eyes aren't blue and soft like always, instead they're darker and showing...anger?

"Can we just talk, please?" I ask, again.

It's like me saying a word wakes her up from her thoughts.

"I don't have anything to say to you" She says, going into the door's direction and away from me.

Why is she so mad? Like I said, I know I screwed up but...

"Anna!" I say, making her stop. "You're acting like a child"

She turns around and stares at me again.

"What part of 'I don't have anything to say to you' didn't you understand?" She says with a really angry tone. Her being so rude to me is hurting so much.

Maybe I should've stayed at home. Maybe I should've stayed quiet until later. This conversation isn't going anywhere.

"You know what? I came here because I already missed being with you and hated the feeling of us being on a stupid fight" I say, being a little more agressive than I intented "But if you want us to stay like this, fine!"

I turn around to go back home but her response makes me stop.

"Oh so this is my fault now?" She says, increasing her voice "Why don't you go miss your new girlfriend Megan?"

What the fuck.

"How many times do I have to tell you she's just a friend!" I reply.

"Didn't know you slept with your friends" She says, shocking me.

 I'm so confused. Why would she think I would ever do that to her...Where did she even get this idea from? If she really thinks we slept together, that's probably why she's so mad.

"If there's one thing I for sure didn't do was sleeping with Megan" I reply "Why would you even say that?"

"Ella, don't even try to lie to me" She says and I notice her eyes are starting to water "I saw you only with underwear going to bed with her."

I can't believe this.

"Well you got everything completely wrong!" I reply, annoyed. All this drama for something that didn't even happen. "I was drunk and couldn't find my sleeping clothes, so she helped me" I sigh. "If you stayed longer to see the things that happened in my room, you would've seen her putting a shirt on me, us going to sleep and me throwing up like three times"

I can see that she didn't expect to hear what I just told her. She made up her mind that I cheated on her and she was done. Just like that.

"Look, I came here because I wanted to apologise for overreacting at the party, but now I'm the one that needs some time." I say, being completely honest. "I would never cheat on you. Never. Megan did try to kiss me last night."

She was staring at the ground but my last sentence made her look up again.

"You know what I said to her?" I say, staring at those confused blue eyes "I told her I was in love with you"

"Ella..." She says, starting to get closer to me.

But I walk away.

"I am your girlfriend and you didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt" I tell her. Now I'm the one tearing up. "So guess what? I don't think I can forgive that"

Tears are rolling all over my face as I get away from her house.

I took one last look at her driveway before opening my front door and there she was.

Just looking at me, not knowing what to do.

I look at her again and close the door.

Is this it?