minho • when he's forced to break up with you

minho was in dance practice with the rest of stray kids because they were getting ready for their next performance on kingdom until his manager suddenly called him out and took him to his office.

minho walked out of practice wondering if he had done something wrong.

the thought of anything happening to his a career terrified him, which is why what he was about to hear would shatter his heart.

minho had a girlfriend who he grew extremely fond of, but unfortunately, he would have to let go.

his manager had made it very clear that it was either you or his job. after it was revealed that the two of you were dating, minho had been receiving a lot of hate and it was clearly affecting him. he was being harshly criticised and worked harder than he already was. he was stressing himself out and it was unhealthy. he had never told you about his struggles.

he had worked hard to get where he was and he couldn't let everybody down. he has his family and members to think about.

he made the decision to break up with you even if it would break yours and his heart.

minho asked you to meet him at the park which was near your home.

you had been excited to  see him after a week of only being able to message him because of his busy schedule.

you walked over to him with a big smile on your face which only made him feel worse.

he couldn't get a wink of sleep the night before because this situation was all he could worry about.

minho: "we need to talk", he said right after you had sat down on the bench he was sat on.

y/n: "about what?", you asked feeling confused that he hadn't even greeted you.

minho: "we need to break up", he didn't know how to say the words other than bluntly. the words left a bitter taste in his mouth. he didn't want you to hate him, but this would be the easiest way for you to let him go.

all you could do was nod due to the fear of accidentally letting out a sob.

you didn't even want to know why. you just didn't want to cry because of the fear of looking weak.

you stood up and walked away, waiting until you were a moving figure before letting your salty tears fall on the concrete ground.

minho watched you walk away until he couldn't see you anymore.

his warm, salty tears rushed down his cheeks as he made his way to his managers car which was parked a few metres away.

he walked as slowly as he could so that he would have time to compose himself before getting into the car.

he entered and got into the back seat so be could hide his red, tear stained face from his manager.

manager: "you'll thank me in the future for helping you do this. trust me", he claimed with a smile on his face.

once he returned to the dorm, he had ignored his members greetings and rushed to his room.

he laid himself on his bed, face burrried into his pillow so his cries of pain would be muffled, until fatigue had taken over and sent him to sleep.

articles about your break up would soon be surfacing the Internet as soon as jyp releases a statement to make the world aware of your broken hearts.

he kept telling himself that this was for the good of him and his group, and that this was important for his future, but all he could think about was how you were supposed to be his future.

the world had been cold to the pair of you.