Chapter 02

"I cannot have sex with you. I am on periods" Willow speaks through the phone as she turns around in her bed.

"I did not call for that, you know" Maddox sighs making her frown as she spreads her legs and one arm out staring at the ceiling.

"Then why would a man in his mid-thirties calls a woman in her late twenties at ten at night if he does not want to have sex?" she asks before she grins hearing his groan.

"I swear to God I don't even know why I even bother" he sighs.

"Admit it Maddox you called because you have unwanted sperms to waste"

"Bloody hell, Willow. I just called to check if you were settled down well or wanted something" he curses.

"Your dick is not something I want"

"You mention anything below my waist Willow, you will regret it" he warns and she sighs as she turns and lies on her stomach.

"Jeez, chill, what you are going to do? Tell my dad?" she asks and when he does not reply she carries on.

"Anyways, I am settled well, thanks for the help you promised which I did not even see, must be your invisible powers working" she states full of sarcasm.

"You know I would have been there to help you move, if it was not for your sister, who married my brother and my mother had a family dinner to welcome her in the family. I did ask you to hold the move for a day" he reminds her and she stays quiet staring at the wall.

"Whatever, you men are good for only one thing"

"What's up with the attitude and tone, Willow?" he asks getting a bit angry.

"The fact that I read a finished book which seems unfinished to me or the fact that I am on my period and perhaps not having my mother to cook for me and having to act my age after I have failed to do so for decades maybe, just maybe I am losing my sanity?" she points it out as a question.

"You are getting home sickness" he points and she sighs.

"Maybe" she admits.

"Did you call your parents?" he asks.

"Yeah"

"And how many hours ago was that?" he asks making her groan.

"Dude, I cannot just call my mom and dad like a baby, I mean I moved out, I need to be cool about it and let them think I can handle it even when I cannot...

You won't understand it anyways" she sighs.

"True, I do think I can never understand you Willow. Now, stop mopping and call your parents"

"Which part of I cannot call them like a cry baby every few hours after my first step to adulthood to prove the point adulthood is no fun, don't you understand?" she asks.

"As a father myself, if my baby girl..."

"I am so not having a conversation about your kids; we need to keep this professional"

"Keep this professional?" he asks irritated.

"Look, I like you, you like me. We love sex between us that's it, we do not need to talk about other matters, like you about your kids, me about my parents"

"I will wish you a goodnight before the urge to drive to your place and smack your ass or throw my phone rises further" he informs making her groan.

"Fine, fine, good night. I was not the one who called me, you rich asshole who can throw their phone when the urge rises" she snaps before she cuts the line.