Chapter 08

Life was a Willow...

Maddox stares at his phone as it rings, wondering why does his day always starts with a phone call, he frowns as the song keeps ringing.

"Maybe I should change my ringtone" he mumbles grabbing the phone and checking the caller as a frown forms in his face.

"Hello" he speaks and waits.

"We need to talk" the words make him put the pen down as he shifts on his chair.

He had been wondering when he would hear those words from her lips and maybe he had been dreading the call from this particular person.

"When?" he asks.

"I will come see you"

"It will be better if I met you" he offers and the woman goes silent.

"No one should know about this call or our meeting, so can we meet some place private?" she asks and Maddox rubs his temple.

"I understand" he states as they fix the time and he disconnects.

********

"Please come in" Maddox opens the door for the woman, as he invites her inside of his home.

Wynter smiles politely as she enters the house, her eyes move around the house looking around.

"Would you like anything, some drinks?" he offers and the woman shakes her head no as she hands him a bag and he frown.

"For your kids, just some chocolates and cookies" she informs and Maddox nods as he grabs the bag.

"Thank you" he smiles as he points towards the living room.

"My call must have surprised you" she starts and Maddox stops as he turns to face her.

"It did though I have been waiting for a call from you at some point" he states as he walks towards the kitchen and Wynter smiles as he pulls the things she brought out of the bag and puts it inside of the fridge.

Walking back, he hands her a glass of water and she happily takes it. Sitting in front of her he watches as she takes few sips of water before she puts the glass on the table.

"Where are the kids?" she asks looking around.

"At school, we have few hours before they are back. Don't worry, we won't get disturbed" he assures and Wynter takes a deep breath as she stares at Maddox.

"I am sure you know why I am here"

"Willow" he points and she nods her head.

"My Willow can be stupid at times" she starts and Maddox narrows his eyes at that.

"I will have to disagree"

"Maddox, she is" Wynter argues.

"I am sure we are not here to discuss about how stupid you think your daughter is" he points and Wynter once again takes a deep breath.

"If Willow finds out that I am here she will be extremely mad and I won't even blame her for that. You know I have been vocal about your relation with my daughter, there is nothing wrong with you. I am just worried about Willow" she pauses glancing at him and Maddox stays quiet.

"Among my three kids she has, well it's just recent that she has been this way. Though she has been stubborn from her childhood and she always felt it was unfair to her, everything was unfair to her but there was a time she had hopes for herself a future she wanted...

Someone broke her heart, I don't know if you know and if it's up to Willow, she will never tell you but she was once in love, she is so stubborn she did not even let any one of us know. No matter how many times we asked what was wrong, not once did she speak a word"