Chapter 24

"Okay, either your mother wants to go broke or she is deeply in love with me" Willow points as she reads the text before she shows it to Maddox who raises a brow before he takes the phone and reads it.

"It's for your sister's baby shower, maybe she wants your help" he states as he puts the phone on the table and Willow laughs.

"With the amount of money she has, she would want my help when she can have anyone at her beck and call? I may do stupid things but I am not a stupid one. Also, it's not as if this is your mother's first grandchild" Willow sighs as she sits in between his kids.

"Or maybe your sister suggested your name so you can remedy the differences between my mother and yours?" he points making her snort.

"My sister is not that deep in love with me" she rolls her eyes.

"Maybe you just sell yourself short, Willow, everyone loves you, even I do" he points glancing at her.

"Aww, if I was not in love with you, I sure would gag on that line" Willow grins making him laugh.

"So, what is the plan for today?" he asks as he stares at his kids.

"Mommy and me, we are doing girl stuffs" Dixon points as she puts the spoon on the bowl.

"Girl stuff?" Maddox asks curiously.

"Yeah, laying on the couch and watching people cooking food and eating it"

"Are you going to learn cooking?" he frowns.

"Don't be stupid, daddy, why would I when I have you"

"Well, I may not be around all the time" Maddox teases.

"Good thing there are online food deliveries" Dixon smiles as she gets down her chair.

"You are a bad influence" Maddox points his finger at Willow.

"I always wanted to be an influencer" Willow grins and Maddox shakes his head with a smile as he walks up to her and pinches her nose.

"Don't turn my daughter into you, please" he asks making her laugh.

"Don't be ridiculous, I can hardly handle myself imagine what will happen if there is more of me" she groans.

"Will you be joining Willow and your sis?" Maddox asks his son.

"I have a date" he sighs and both Maddox along with Willow stares at him stunned.

"It's some stupid test, I already hate it" the boy grumbles.

"Ugh, even I hate it, test and dating worst task ever created. Do you want me to drive you around or pretend I am the bad nagging big sister? Like the mean one and eat all your food?" she asks him.

"No, but can you help me pack a picnic basket"

"Why did you not say anything before?" Maddox asks his son who sighs.

"Because it's stupid, dad"

"I want to go to date too" Dixon squeals.

"No" all of them shout at once.

**********

"You sure you are okay?" Willow asks as she watches Dax sitting with a sour face.

"I am ditching my game for this" he points and Willow ruffles his hair.

"That's life"

"Will you two wait for me, here?" he asks as he stares at his father who smiles.

"Sure" he nods before Dax holds his father's hand.