13|Gravity

Fred Weasley

Fred Weasley. She shut her eyes tight finding it ridiculous he sat in priority to Transfiguration in her thoughts.

She then opened them and attempted to focus as McGonagall continued to pace the classroom.

By the end of lesson, worried of failure in her near future, she stormed to the library directly. She plowed past Fred in the corridor not even noticing as he was waiting to the side for her.

"Oi, Hermione." He spoke, now jogging to catch up with her as she rounded the bend. 

Though as he stepped round the corner she pivoted in response to her name, her book bag hitting with heavy force into the side of his ribs. 

As he let out a groan of pain, she clasped her hand to her mouth. "Oh, are you alright? I'm so sorry." 

"I'm perfectly fine Granger, no worries."  He waved it off, then winced once more. "If I'm being honest there has been Bludgers that hurt less, but perfectly fine."

She looked up at him with her eyebrows pressed together in concern. "I feel terribly awful. Are you sure you're alright? Do you want me take you to the hospital wing?"

"I'm only joking, I'll be alright." He looked ahead down the corridor. "Where were you headed though in such a rush?"

"Library." She answered feebly. "I've had some assignments to catch up on." 

"Who would have guessed?" He mocked with a typical smirk that caused her stomach to do a somersault.

"Stop teasing." She rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Don't you get it, Hermione?" He asked now leaning against the wall.
Her breath hitched as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, an action she was now growing accustomed to. "I tease, because your reaction is absolutely adorable." 

"I'm angry with you." She spoke, looking up into his eyes. 

"Why?"  He asked still grinning.

"You're distracting me from more important things." 

"Oh yes more important things than the charming wizard you fancy." He held a hand to his heart once again in mock pain. 

"Alright." She confirmed. "You may come to the library with me on one condition." 

"Condition being?" 

"You are not allowed to talk to me. And we both work on our assignments."  She raised an eyebrow.

"No speaking. Got it." He winked, then joined the throng of students walking briskly. "You coming?"

Hermione smiled then followed after him to the library.

They found a table within a quiet section of the library, and immediately Hermione began her assigned essay for Snape.

It was working quite well. She was lost in her work, nearly forgetting Fred was even there. That was of course until she felt him kick her leg.