26|Against the Door

Sometimes being faced with what we desire and fear most simultaneously, is best for us

Usually there is somewhere to run. To evade direct truth, or opinions of truth that we are not sure we are ready to hear. Afraid that the others opinion will disappoint. Or worse, convince, only to later realize their convincement was false.

This was not the case with Fred Weasley. She did not believe he was convincing her of anything. Which meant he actually cared.

Butterflies.

Her eyes met his in realization they were locked in. "There has to be a key somewhere." She spoke.

Fred watched as she moved over to the desk. It was old and worn. The classroom hadn't been used in years. She was avoiding the inevitable situation of being stuck.

He moved to stand on the opposite side of the desk. "Hermione." He began, his fingers lifting her chin to meet his gaze.

"What?" She asked with a hint of annoyance. Though her eyes searched his with calculation. She was always trying to read him. But the heir of mischief behind every statement was a mask.

He smirked, remembering her very recent confessions of desiring him.

"What?" She asked once more, with more defeat.

He found her indescribably cute. "Nothing."

She let out a sigh, before continuing to search the desk. She tugged on a drawer. "This one's locked."

He sat on the desk tossing a glass orb that he found. "So we need to find a key, for a desk drawer that will have another key." 

She sighed, glancing to him. Her lips turned up slightly when he looked to her catching her eyes. "Yes. Exactly."

He spun around so his back was no longer facing her, his legs dangling off the desk on either side of her.

"What?" She asked, strangely eye level with him.

"Or, we could just wait till someone realizes we're gone."

"Freeed." She whined, very disappointed in his lack of initiative.

"Hermioneeee." He reached to pull her head towards him, placing a kiss on her forehead, then her cheek, and when his lips found hers, she was smiling.

She accepted his kisses smiling through them. Until his tongue slipped into her mouth. The lightheadedness of kissing turned to a feeling of desire. She wanted to be closer. She felt as his hands fell to her lower back, and she pulled on his shoulders fiercely.

She let go of his shoulders, pulling away from his frame. Godric knew why. "No, no no." She whispered briefly. "We have to find the key. No one is going to realize we're gone. We could be stuck in here for days."