22|Natavias Imperium

"George

"George." She let out an annoyed sigh. "Let me rephrase that, Forge."

"Yes, Granger."

She sat down across from him.

He looked up at her, grinning ear to ear. "Is there something you needed?"

Hermione rearranged her look, trying to hide the want of something behind her eyes.  "No. There's just nowhere else to sit. And you are—"

George looked around at the empty pub tables, noticing there were indeed other locations to sit. He looked back at her smirking. "—your lover's brother."

Hermione cringed. "I was going to say a friend. And about that—".

George waited her for her to continue, though she just looked down to her hands that were neatly folded on the table.

"About what?"

Hermione looked to him deciding to just come clean with it. "Well you can't use the term lover, can you? Because to which you're probably aware, and I'm being ridiculous in even mentioning in such vulnerability; well we haven't exactly—Er."

Just then, despite it being too late to save her from complete embarrassment, Rosmerta came over. "Ah hello. Fancy seeing you two here. I would tell the headmaster you're here not on a sanctioned trip, though since you make one of the most adorable couples, I think I'll keep your secret safe."

Hermione opened her mouth beginning to explain "oh, we're not togeth—".

George kicked her in the shin, reaching across the table to grab her hand. "Thank you Rosmerta. May we have two butterbeers, and maybe an extra something in mine?"  He proceeded to wink, and the barmaid left very bemused.

Hermione turned her head glaring at George with a scowl. He released her hand with a platonic pat. "Was it necessary to kick me?" 

"I'm terribly sorry. Now." He leaned back in his seat. "What was it you haven't exactly done?"

Hermione sat there frozen. "Nevermind." She began to gather her cloak. 

"Wait-" he called, and she stopped, giving him her full attention.

"I know. You don't have to say it. And I think everything will turn out just fine. I know that bloke better than anyone, and I can say for certain—he really cares for you, Granger. He's just a bit shy sometimes. Especially when it comes to the female population."

Hermione appreciated his sentiment. "Thank you, George."

He nodded. "What are friends for?" He asked rhetorically.  He furrowed his brow, "Oh, and won't you stay? I have many stories from childhood you'd probably find informative, or at the very least entertaining."

Hermione was very appreciative of his openness. She sat back down across from him.  "Did Fred used to run around the garden in his nappies or something?"