23|Swish and Flick

Hermione had had the longest day imaginable known to man

Hermione had had the longest day imaginable known to man. Or was it known to Woman? Known to Witch?

Either way, George Weasley was at it again, running rampant through the castle's corridors and secret stairwells, selling the most dangerous of products. 

She jogged around the corner before coming to a halt noticing the glint of silver lining the inside of a discarded Weasleys Wizard Wheezes wrapper tossed on the floor.

"George I swear to Merlin!"

"You swear, Granger? How rebellious of you."

She closed her eyes tight before turning around to find him leaning arrogantly against the wall.

"No more!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

She placed a hand on her hip. "I had a first year come to me this morning whose nose was bleeding for half an hour. And he was anemic, fainted on the way to the hospital wing. This seriously has to stop."

"This is not fair." George challenged.

Hermione sighed, losing patience that had already run thin. "How?" 

"If I were Fred, you'd allow it." 

She shook her head. "No I most certainly would not."

He grinned. "Alright, Granger. I'll believe you, even though I do not actually." 

Hermione nodded, knowing he wasn't going to listen. She placed her palm on her forehead in an exhausted manner, before looking again at George.

"What?" He asked.

"Where is Fred?" 

"I believe Hagrid's."

She furrowed her brow. "Why would he be at Hagrid-"

Hermione started to grow concerned, knowing Hagrid was still currently missing. Or as she preferred to think, on a holiday.

"Granger, where are you going."

"Nowhere."

Her legs carried her quickly, careful to sneak past Filch who was guarding the front exit. 

Hagrids hut was still dark, and her excitement had dissipated. She had been hopeful. 

She gently knocked on the door, and there was a sudden barking.  The door opened, Fred struggling to keep hold on the collar of an over excited Fang. 

"Fancy seeing you here, Granger."

She looked to the tree line with sadness. "I thought Hagrid was back."

Fred shook his head. "No. He's asked me to watch over Fang though. Well he didn't actually ask. I just figured he would have if had the opportunity."

Hermione looked up at him leaning on the door.