25|Stuck With Me

His fingers traced circles along her thigh

"Fred."

"Yes, beautiful."

She set down her quill. An impatient look on her face. "I'm trying to finish this essay."

"Mmm" he looked at her raising his eye brow as she turned to look at him. "And how is that going."

"Quite difficult."

"Really why?"

She smiled with an annoyed laugh. "You know why."

"Do I?" He asked, leaning closer.

"Mhmm." Their lips collided, brushing softly.

She retracted, opening her eyes slowly to find his own dazzling starring at her. "No." she spoke unconvincingly.

"No, what?" He countered, making a curious expression.

Hermione grabbed his hand that was moving increasingly higher on her thigh, and removed it. She dropped his hand. "I have to finish this."

"Oh believe me darling, I'll make sure you finish." He supplemented the seemingly innocent comment with a wink.

Hermione parted her mouth, before pinching her eyebrows together in disapproved shock.  "I am going to find another book to help my paper." she stood up, turning to look at him seriously. "Do not follow me."

She walked away. There was a minute as she perused a section of books near the back of the library that she was beginning to believe he had actually obeyed her request.

There was an ounce of disappointment within her that she shook away. Being disappointed was ridiculous. It's not as if they could actually shag in the library. She smiled at the presumptuous thought. Then her smile faded, her lips returning flat. Could not they?

As a certain aroma filled the air, a knot twisted in her stomach. She allowed herself to close her eyes, waiting. The recognition of the scent increased as it surrounded her.  Intoxicating. Addictive. A prelude to the warmth that would consume her very being.

As she felt the breath upon the back of her neck she froze, eyes still firmly shut. She leaned backwards with the slightest of movements, her back connecting with the warmth of his jumper. "I told you not to follow me." She spoke.

"I apologize. Though I thought I could be of assistance." She could feel his whisper upon her left ear, tingling the nerves down her spine. "Which one?"

Her eyes opened, knowing he was referencing the books in front of her. "Antidotes, explanations for Standard Potion Lab, Book 12".

Fred reached around her, grabbing the book off the shelf. He handed her the book as his arms wrapped around her. "There you are." He spoke. His lips gently placed to her cheek. Then she felt an increased coldness.