Chapter 2 - The Nerd

Sana POV

"Neoneun nuneuro masineun nae champagne, nae wine
Nae tequila, margarita
Mojito with lime
Sweet mimosa, piña colada
I'm drunk in you...I'm drunk in youu~" 

I drunkenly sang as my vision kept spinning the whole time I was stumbling towards the door to the house. I know I shouldn't have drank when it's going to be the first day of school tomorrow, but Momo and the others decided to celebrate another school year that's why we had a drink. 

I fumbled for my keys inside my bag and when I found it, I quietly unlocked the door to the house. As expected, I was met by darkness and silence once I entered since it's already midnight and they are probably sleeping. 

I rubbed my eyes as dizziness started to rush through me. Accepting the celebration for the new school year wasn't only the reason that I got drunk . I also wanted to forget the stress and responsibilities that I have as an heir and I also want to be away from...

"Where have you been going this late at night young lady?!" a stern voice asked as the lights turned on.

...him

"I was out with my friends" I answered and looked up to meet my father's cold and intimidating gaze.

"What if some of the paparazzies saw you and might create an article that might ruin our family and company's reputation?!" I mentally scoffed. Of course, reputation. 

It's all he cared about. 

His reputation and not his daughter.

"I don't want my reputation to be ruined by how you're acting Sana!" He said as I shut my eyes. The alcohol in my system instantly vanished and I fucking had enough of him.

"Then leave me!" I raised my voice which caused him to stop speaking. He immediately recovered and crossed his arms over his chest but I won't back down. The impact from his words broke my heart as I clenched my fists with tears pooling in my eyes.

"Just get back together with your mistress and leave me alone, you love her more than us right?! You're only staying with me because of your guilt!" I said as my tears fell.

"Sana-" I cut him off.

"I know it's in the past Dad, b-but the pain..." I pointed to my chest while looking at him with teary eyes.

"...the pain is still here. S-she died because of your a-affair, h-have you got no remorse?" I sobbed as I saw a hint of guilt in his eyes though it immediately vanished.

"H-How could you f-forget Dad? S-She c-committed s-suicide after she caught you with your m-mistress inside this h-house. Then the public found out a-about your a-affair that's why you u-used her death to cover up w-what you did." my voice cracked as I spoke. 

"S-Sana..." I didn't let him finish and immediately cut him off

"I-I'm sorry for raising my voice at you" I wiped my tears and looked at him who's expression softened a little though there's still that cold aura surrounding him. 

"I'll got to sleep now" I turned around and went to my room without waiting for his response. 

Once my bedroom door closed, I immediately went to the bed and hugged a pillow to seek comfort. I slowly took the handkerchief that my mom gave me on my 7th birthday. My initials are embroidered on it and it was the only remembrance I have of her along with our shared memories.

Her soft cries inside their bedroom is still fresh in my mind. She would keep blaming herself about my father's unfaithfulness and as a child who's has no idea on what's happening, I didn't pay attention to it and it's something that I regret up to his day.