Chapter 6 - Be Your Date

Chaeyoung POV

My fingers tapped the steering wheel of the car as I waited for the traffic light to go green. I continued to hum to the song that's playing on the car stereo until my eyes caught a familiar figure of a person standing outside a restaurant.

Mina? My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to why she's there all alone

I immediately parked my car to the side and went towards her who's back was facing me. Once I reached her, I tapped her which made her flinch and turn around to see me.

"C-Chae, what are you doing here?" She asked as soon as she fixed her composure.

"I saw you on my way home, how about you?" I asked as she sighed.

"My father set me up on a date and I got stood up" she said and looked at the time on her phone.

"Where are your bodyguards and driver?" I asked as she shrugged her shoulders

"I sent them home since my supposed to be date might insist on taking me home" she answered and looked at the cars that's passing by.

"You're going home now?" I asked as she nodded.

"All by yourself?" I asked again as she looked at me and sighed.

"Yes, so I'll see you at school Chae"  she said and was about to hail a cab when I held her wrist to stop her.

"Have you eaten?" I asked. Her gaze went down to our hands before she slowly looked up to meet me in the eyes.

Why is her face turning red?

"I-I already lost my appetite" once she said that, her stomach immediately growled in hunger which caused me to chuckle. She lowered her head in embarrassment as I let go of her wrist. I took the chance to stare at her while she bit her lip to recover from her embarrassment.

She's so beautiful

"H-How about I'll be your date tonight?" I asked which caught her off guard.

Where did you get the confidence Son Chaeyoung? I know to myself that the real me wouldn't probably have the guts to ask Myoui Mina out on a date because I'm a coward. 

"D-Date?" she asked as I saw a hint of blush crept onto her cheeks.

"Mmm, I-I'm hungry too" I tried to make an excuse and immediately pulled her inside the restaurant so that she wouldn't see how red my cheeks are.

*Time skip*

Mina kept eating as if we're the only ones in the restaurant. She kept taking big bites, filling her mouth with the food which puffs her cheeks.

Lost appetite huh?

"Hey slow down, we got all night to eat" I said and took a tissue to wipe the side of her lips. I saw how she gulped and immediately avoided eye contact with me while her cheeks were staring to coat in pink. 

Cute.

"Sorry, I was just hungry" she said and swallowed her food.

"And you're not planning to eat?" I shook my head in disbelief while she just shrugged.

"I can just eat at home" she said and continued eating.

"You have a point but there's traffic along the way, it might take long for you to get home" I said and took a sip of my water as she just hummed and chewed her food.

"So tell me, who's the guy this time?" I asked as she sighed.

"Park Jimin from Park Industries" she answered and took a big bite as I smiled.